Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What Would You Do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Default What Would You Do?

Just curious here.
What would you do if you saw a man beating his dog in public?
The closest encounter for me was 20 years ago when walking
down the street in South Beach alone I saw a man screaming
and beating his dog. I purposely stood between him and the dog.
(Did not carry then) But I wanted him to push my buttons.
He looked at me nervously then in a sweet-sounding voice called
his dog back into his store. What would you have done, if anything?

Last edited by PanBaccha; 08-17-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I would have made some a safe distance from me and the situation, but still be able to see it and call the police.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 08-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #3

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Committed at least one felony. People that beat animals just piss me off. Same with people who hurt girls and kids.

I mean, hell, my grandparents (Very southern and proper) have made it clear that if somebody even publicly insults a girl there should be a fight. Beating a dog should get that response, too.

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Old 08-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'd have fired two warning shots into his head.

I'd actually have intervened as best I could. There's no excuse for cruelty to animals.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #5

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I'd have fired two warning shots into his head.....
......with my fists and asked, "Is there was room enough for one more in this beating?"

Seriously, more likely, I would just stare at him with a stern look on my face and hope he would make some eye contact....and await a provoked invite from him.....

I really detest dog and cat abuse and/or mistreatment.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5304 Times on 2770 Posts
Likes Given: 334

yelled at him to stop. whipped out the cell phone and called 911. animal abuse in most places is a felony just ask michael vic...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Just tell them they shouldn't disrespect their mothers like that.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
......with my fists and asked, "Is there was room enough for one more in this beating?"

Seriously, more likely, I would just stare at him with a stern look on my face and hope he would make some eye contact....and await a provoked invite from him.....

I really detest dog and cat abuse and/or mistreatment.
What if it were a Turtle?

Old 08-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #9
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Most dogs are better, more reliable friends than most people. From a speech given by Mike Vanderboegh, I'll offer my take because I can relate 100% with him and his friends and what they did:

You know, years ago I was a civil war re-enactor and one Sunday coming back from an event, two friends and I stopped at a gas station in a little Mississippi town.

When we pulled up, there was a big guy there, missing a few teeth, who was whipping a dog with a busted fan belt. (And it wasn't even his dog.) All the poor dog could do was cringe and yelp. I was driving and I pulled up to the pump. We didn't know it but someone inside the station -- not wanting to get personally involved -- had called the cops, but it was Sunday and the nearest Sheriff's car was miles away. In fact, they didn't get there while were there. They told us. They thanked us. But they didn't want to get involved.

We hadn't been stopped for more than a few seconds when my buddy Chris, who was about half the size of the dog-whipper, took it all in with a glance and said, to no one in particular, "Oh, HELL NO!"

Any of you from the South, you probably know what that means. "Oh, HELL NO!"

Just three words: "Oh, HELL NO!" It was an observation. It was an announcement. It was a battle cry. And without further ado Chris launched himself across that parking lot -- and he's only about half the size of this toothless fellow -- and he stripped that broken fan belt out of his hand and he commenced to whaling on the guy. Of course, the two of us were looking pretty rough from a weekend and it's Sunday -- all grizzled and dirty and dressed in funny clothes -- and we go to back him up. When this fellow starts to recover -- and he decides, "Hey, I'm bigger than this guy, I'm gonna beat him" -- and then he sees the two of us coming up, he decides that he's had enough and he jumped in his car and drove off.

Now this is a quintessentially Southern thing, this "Oh, HELL NO!" All right? You gotta say it just like that. Let's practice it. "Oh, HELL NO!" The accent's on the "HELL!"

All right?

It is indeed a uniquely AMERICAN thing. When you hear it -- where I come from -- you know that somebody's gonna get beat, stabbed or shot. And the guy who takes the beating, the knife blade or the bullet undoubtedly deserves it.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:14 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 102 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Most dogs are better, more reliable friends than most people. From a speech given by Mike Vanderboegh, I'll offer my take because I can relate 100% with him and his friends and what they did:

You know, years ago I was a civil war re-enactor and one Sunday coming back from an event, two friends and I stopped at a gas station in a little Mississippi town.

When we pulled up, there was a big guy there, missing a few teeth, who was whipping a dog with a busted fan belt. (And it wasn't even his dog.) All the poor dog could do was cringe and yelp. I was driving and I pulled up to the pump. We didn't know it but someone inside the station -- not wanting to get personally involved -- had called the cops, but it was Sunday and the nearest Sheriff's car was miles away. In fact, they didn't get there while were there. They told us. They thanked us. But they didn't want to get involved.

We hadn't been stopped for more than a few seconds when my buddy Chris, who was about half the size of the dog-whipper, took it all in with a glance and said, to no one in particular, "Oh, HELL NO!"

Any of you from the South, you probably know what that means. "Oh, HELL NO!"

Just three words: "Oh, HELL NO!" It was an observation. It was an announcement. It was a battle cry. And without further ado Chris launched himself across that parking lot -- and he's only about half the size of this toothless fellow -- and he stripped that broken fan belt out of his hand and he commenced to whaling on the guy. Of course, the two of us were looking pretty rough from a weekend and it's Sunday -- all grizzled and dirty and dressed in funny clothes -- and we go to back him up. When this fellow starts to recover -- and he decides, "Hey, I'm bigger than this guy, I'm gonna beat him" -- and then he sees the two of us coming up, he decides that he's had enough and he jumped in his car and drove off.

Now this is a quintessentially Southern thing, this "Oh, HELL NO!" All right? You gotta say it just like that. Let's practice it. "Oh, HELL NO!" The accent's on the "HELL!"

All right?

It is indeed a uniquely AMERICAN thing. When you hear it -- where I come from -- you know that somebody's gonna get beat, stabbed or shot. And the guy who takes the beating, the knife blade or the bullet undoubtedly deserves it.
Lol...my adopted sister loves to say that. She would probably be the one going after the guy. Personally, I would probably say something and call the police.

Newest Threads