What would you do with $150 Million?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What would you do with $150 Million?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default What would you do with $150 Million?

What would you do with $150 million?

Support several charities?

Pay off some significant debt?

Nope. Lets throw a party. Thats the cost estimate I read this morning for the inaguration, 150 mil. Some of it ($41 mil) "private" supposedly not from special interest groups (yeah, right). The rest was/ will be paid for by...hold your breath...us. The US taxpayer. Unemployment is at recent record highs and climbing. The country (well, the Army and Marine Corps anyway) are at war, there are unprecedented bailouts, and we face a deteriorating economic situation in our Country. Why, why, why would we choose to spend our money on this? The inauguration needs to be done right, I got it. Security and ceremony must be first class. Absolutely. But c'mon, 150 million? Leadership is doing the right thing for the ones you support and lead. Discipline is doing the right thing when no one is looking. Guess its up to us individually to decide if this lives up to either.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

The arrogance, ego and Narcissism of this "man" is truly staggering.

$150 Million dollars all to CELEBRATE ME!!

Unbelievable.

*thumbs down, middle fingers up and a junk punch*

JD

Old 01-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

That is my number one peeve in this world..........

+1 on hillbilly68's post.

Leader's must lead by example, discipline, and selflessness. I currently do not see any of those traits being demonstrated.

I will take my last chance before tomorrow (then he will be my CINC and I am bound to be respectful at all times) to say that he is a poor choice of leader for this country. I am hoping that the young people in this country will find someone else to be their role model. The upcoming administration had not displayed the core values that is needed to serve this country. I am hoping that I will be greatly proven wrong. We'll see.

We have an interesting 4 years ahead of us.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Seems like I remember when GWB was last sworn in all the sheeple media whined that that money would be better spent on hungry children.

I guess a "Coronation" requires a more expensive setup...............

"Listen, stupid..... The first week I was in this joint, somebody stole my Red Cross package, my blanket, and my left shoe. Well, since then I've wised up. This ain't no Salvation Army - this is everybody for himself, dog eat dog."

"In Confusion.......There Is Profit"
Lt. Nick Holden USN

Old 01-19-2009, 08:51 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

"Four years ago, the Associated Press and others in the press suggested it was in poor taste for Republicans to spend $40 million on President Bush’s inauguration."

Hypocrisy Much?

JD

Old 01-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Oh, Bush can do it for $40 mil, 4 years ago, but this guy can't do less than $150 mil? The media will say that extra has to be spent on security because D.C. is really close to those that still cling to their guns and religion. Unreal.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-19-2009, 10:46 PM   #7

Personally, if "I" were being sworn in during the midst of this economic meltdown, I would look to: short, sweet and expedient.

My thought would be to have the swearing in done on the floor of the Senate (Or some other equally available venue) with just Congress, the Supremes and a few close friends in attendance and instead of live people--televise it everywhere so that all people can see (regardless of if they can afford the price of attendance).

I would have a pre ceremony of some sort with a few speeches and a convocation. Then the oath, then maybe the anthem, and some closing remarks.

I find the current three day "coronation" ceremony an insult. I for one am not going to watch.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:32 AM   #8
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Peter: Hey Lawrence. What would you do if you had a million dollars?

Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do;

Lawrence takes a sip of beer then looks at Peter - very serious

Lawrence: Two chicks at the same time man.

Peter: That's it? If you had a million dollars you'd have sex with two women at the same time?

Lawrence: Damn right. I've always wanted to do that man. And I bet if I was a millionaire, I could hook that up 'cuz chicks dig dudes with money.

Peter: Not all chicks.

Lawrence: Yeah, but the type of chicks who would double up on a dude like me do.

Peter: You might have a point.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:35 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'd buy a lot of homes for a lot of people. Either that or use the money to bribe Ehud Olmert to nuke Syria.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:16 AM   #10

Start a private military contracting company, then make more money, live like a king, give to charity, eat lots of double quarter pounders and be merry.