What would make you to buy a new rifle or shotgun this year?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What would make you to buy a new rifle or shotgun this year?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What would make you to buy a new rifle or shotgun this year?

What kind of manufacturer 'promotion' or 'special offer' would it take to make you seriously think about buying a new rifle or shotgun this year? Free ammo, shooting accessories, a guided hunt, a shopping spree, interest free financing, a field test trial period, something nice for the wife... ???

We are the shooters. Brainstorm with me and let me know all your wild and crazy ideas. Think out of the box. Help me out here because I might actually be able to help turn some of these ideas into reality.

Respond to this thread, or PM, or email me direct.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Just sayin'........

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 02-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #3

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by like2fly View Post
What kind of manufacturer 'promotion' or 'special offer' would it take to make you seriously think about buying a new rifle or shotgun this year? Free ammo, shooting accessories, a guided hunt, a shopping spree, interest free financing, a field test trial period, something nice for the wife... ???

We are the shooters. Brainstorm with me and let me know all your wild and crazy ideas. Think out of the box. Help me out here because I might actually be able to help turn some of these ideas into reality.

Respond to this thread, or PM, or email me direct.
Who are you?

Hop over to the Introductions section and let us know a little about you.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-10-2010, 12:51 AM   #4

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Buy one get one usually works for me...

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-10-2010, 02:06 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Make me? A good deal on a cz82, a cz52, and that Draco AK pistol would be plenty of encouragement for me. Of course, a free box of range ammo or some range ammo at 2006 prices would be great.

edit* Gork, did you mean you would need one to quiet her or???

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 02-10-2010 at 02:22 AM.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:13 AM   #6

Liked 78 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 84

I'd say free ammo in the amount equal to the price of the gun,I.E. $500 gun you get $500 in free ammo, for you who live in pricey states, 500 is not a lot of ammo, that's a hour shooting a 45 or 12 gauge or any thing bigger then a .22, when i did my range report on my 1911 i grabbed a few boxes of 45 and a few of .410 and i dam near went bankrupt, that s#!t ain't cheap.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:18 AM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

A copy of "Going Rogue". Autographed.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:27 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

You mean I need a reason to buy one?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-10-2010, 02:44 AM   #9

Liked 1087 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by like2fly View Post
Lowest possible price for the particular model I am looking for, nothing else. "Free" anything with a purchase isn't free, it's just added into the price of what your buying. Interest free financing, I wouldn't recommend anyone ever purchase a firearm they can't afford today, except maybe their first one but that shouldn't be crazy expensive if you can't afford it, it should be utilitarian. Firearms are actually pretty good investments for the most part, but if you can't afford the pay it off today you should probably save the money you do have for more important things, like more ammo for your existing firearm.

Field test trial period, yeah I think that is a good idea but difficult to implement legally unless you are renting the gun from a range.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 02-10-2010, 02:50 AM   #10

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Seeing one of those friggin camel spiders in my house...damn!

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington