Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   What would make you to buy a new rifle or shotgun this year? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/what-would-make-you-buy-new-rifle-shotgun-year-23233/)

like2fly 02-09-2010 11:01 PM

What would make you to buy a new rifle or shotgun this year?

What kind of manufacturer 'promotion' or 'special offer' would it take to make you seriously think about buying a new rifle or shotgun this year? Free ammo, shooting accessories, a guided hunt, a shopping spree, interest free financing, a field test trial period, something nice for the wife... ???

We are the shooters. Brainstorm with me and let me know all your wild and crazy ideas. Think out of the box. Help me out here because I might actually be able to help turn some of these ideas into reality.

Respond to this thread, or PM, or email me direct.

gorknoids 02-09-2010 11:11 PM

http://www.celebrity-pictures.ca/Cel...k--1134396.jpg

Just sayin'........

canebrake 02-09-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by like2fly (Post 227640)
What kind of manufacturer 'promotion' or 'special offer' would it take to make you seriously think about buying a new rifle or shotgun this year? Free ammo, shooting accessories, a guided hunt, a shopping spree, interest free financing, a field test trial period, something nice for the wife... ???

We are the shooters. Brainstorm with me and let me know all your wild and crazy ideas. Think out of the box. Help me out here because I might actually be able to help turn some of these ideas into reality.

Respond to this thread, or PM, or email me direct.

Who are you?

Hop over to the Introductions section and let us know a little about you.

DarinCraft 02-10-2010 12:51 AM

Buy one get one usually works for me...:D:D:D

orangello 02-10-2010 02:06 AM

Make me? A good deal on a cz82, a cz52, and that Draco AK pistol would be plenty of encouragement for me. Of course, a free box of range ammo or some range ammo at 2006 prices would be great.

edit* Gork, did you mean you would need one to quiet her or???

deathkricket 02-10-2010 02:13 AM

I'd say free ammo in the amount equal to the price of the gun,I.E. $500 gun you get $500 in free ammo, for you who live in pricey states, 500 is not a lot of ammo, that's a hour shooting a 45 or 12 gauge or any thing bigger then a .22, when i did my range report on my 1911 i grabbed a few boxes of 45 and a few of .410 and i dam near went bankrupt, that s#!t ain't cheap.

Benning Boy 02-10-2010 02:18 AM

A copy of "Going Rogue". Autographed.

spittinfire 02-10-2010 02:27 AM

You mean I need a reason to buy one?

Yunus 02-10-2010 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by like2fly (Post 227640)

Lowest possible price for the particular model I am looking for, nothing else. "Free" anything with a purchase isn't free, it's just added into the price of what your buying. Interest free financing, I wouldn't recommend anyone ever purchase a firearm they can't afford today, except maybe their first one but that shouldn't be crazy expensive if you can't afford it, it should be utilitarian. Firearms are actually pretty good investments for the most part, but if you can't afford the pay it off today you should probably save the money you do have for more important things, like more ammo for your existing firearm.

Field test trial period, yeah I think that is a good idea but difficult to implement legally unless you are renting the gun from a range.

Jpyle 02-10-2010 02:50 AM

Seeing one of those friggin camel spiders in my house...damn!