What would a football coach do with a bunch of Tasers?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What would a football coach do with a bunch of Tasers?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default What would a football coach do with a bunch of Tasers?

I saw something today that is just bugging me, and i cant figure it out. Went into a gun store today to look at carry anywhere guns for me, and a bigger caliber carry for my wife, and there was a REALLY big guy (probably 6'6" and 300 lbs or more) in there buying out the stores supply of tasers.

Well i figured he must be a bouncer, but the store clerk asked him about what he does, and he said he was an O line coach for a high school here in KY. I think the clerk must have been a little curious too, as he proceeded to ask what are they for, motivation? The guy just kind of barely chuckled, hardly said two words the whole time. I noticed his car was somewhat of a pimp mobile "big shiny gold and chrome rims, black windows, big stereo system, etc").

I know it is none of my business, but i just cant put my finger on why anyone would buy that many. It is a bit alarming as a husband, when you see a big guy clearing out the store's tasers.

If nothing else, it reminded me of how much i need to push my wife to practice, practice, practice and get serious about getting her .22 upgraded. A guy like that would chuckle maybe a little louder if she shot him with it, then choose from his array of tasers. Not saying he IS a bad guy... just reminded me of what she COULD face.

Anyway what was up with all the tasers? Anybody see something obvious i am missing?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5917 Times on 3089 Posts
Likes Given: 415

woud make mugging someone aweful damn easy.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

That's very strange, but I don't know enough about it or him to speculate.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #4

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Maybe he was getting them for his ho's. You gotta take care of you ho's man then makin u the benjies.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:17 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Maybe he was getting them for his ho's. You gotta take care of you ho's man then makin u the benjies.
LMAO -- That is what worried me, maybe they are recruiting tools. Didn't want my wife to end up being one! I sold my Pimp gun (golden desert eagle .50), so i gots no mo ins yo!

I just could not put it together... a weird thing.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:43 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9363 Times on 4037 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Had a friend that WAS a real secret agent. Whenever anyone asked him what he did for a living, his standard reply was "I sell Revere Ware. Need any pots or pans?"

The buyer may be running a security company. Who knows?

But tell your lady she needs an upgrade on that double deuce anyhoo. If she shoots someone, and they find out about it, they will be pissed.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

dango Likes This 
Old 11-14-2010, 01:44 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5917 Times on 3089 Posts
Likes Given: 415

if he was an imam or a priest we would know its to pacify little boys...

Old 11-14-2010, 05:05 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
But tell your lady she needs an upgrade on that double deuce anyhoo. If she shoots someone, and they find out about it, they will be pissed.

LMAO - That was a good one!!!!

The great thing about it was that she thought the guy was a pretty scary guy. So i finally go her to see my point about shooting someone like that (and a trunk full of tasers) with a 22. So as of today... she is all aboard. We are starting with a .380 and going up to a 9 and then .40 from there.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #9

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by theferg2000 View Post
LMAO - That was a good one!!!!

The great thing about it was that she thought the guy was a pretty scary guy. So i finally go her to see my point about shooting someone like that (and a trunk full of tasers) with a 22. So as of today... she is all aboard. We are starting with a .380 and going up to a 9 and then .40 from there.
Well that's kinda different.

So, with your wife, is it a carry weight/size thing? Or is she a little scared of bigger guns? My Bride has wee little hands, and is not overly tough, but she has no problem shooting a 1911 in .45 ACP.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:52 AM   #10

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 29

She also loves my Uberti single action .357 loaded with .38 Special pressured ammunition.

Closed Thread