What is the worst gun you ever owned? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What is the worst gun you ever owned?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 07:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Mine was a Lorcin 380 Auto. It would shoot 2 then jam shoot 2 then jam. I fired 100 rounds threw it and then sold it. I felt bad because i paid $99 for it and sold it for $150 to some guy that though it was the coolist thing out there. Never did regret that sell.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Worst gun I've ever owned?

Hello all

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

Worst gun, well I've had a few, the top dog in thr worst category was an IVER JOHNSON 44 MAGNUM CATTLEMAN, it was made poorly, not well kept, was spitting lead and was finally stolen, I really hope the thief took it for a test shoot? I only paid 75$ in trade for it, but was awefull! Second as I remember was a HI Point 9MM, don't recall the Model #, it stovepiped, it ejected poorly, all sorts of ammo, all different mags, I was tempted to sell it, but finally just crushed it in a hydraulic press in work and tossed it in the trash! Seen a few bad RG revolvers, had a really sucky Titan 25AUTO, made a few bucks on it to a guy that wantd it for a shadow box, thank god he never shot it? LOL Had a lot of really great cheaper guns, had a lot of Jenings J-22's as well as a few 25 auto raven and thought they were not well made , always went bang and you hit what you were trying for! Thats the sad thing, cheap doesn't walways mean bad, High $ don't always mean good? Seem a Glock 40 Compact shoot rings around the full size counterpart and thier was a 25$ difference in cost? Who knows anymore? Ya pays ya's money, ya takes ya's chances!

Old 01-26-2008, 01:02 AM   #13

Accu-Tek .380. Magazine fell out every other shot. Have a friend that had one and it did the same thing.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:32 PM   #14

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Heritage Manufacturing, Rough Rider. Single action .22lr / .22 magnum six shooter. Not to be confused with Heritage Arms. I bought it at a gun show, and got a "great deal" on it.

It had lousy sights and bullets would tumble from both cylinders (lr & mag). Group? Fuggitaboutit! It was a pot metal pappa oscar sierra. The paint (yes paint) on the frame rubbed off when I tried to clean it. I used it as trading stock at my local gun store when I bought a real pistol. To my surprise they paid me almost full value. I guess it pays to go in on a Sunday when the owner is at home.

They still show them on their web site, but I can not recommend them to anyone, except maybe my ex-wife.

I've owned some real crap over the years, but this thing was hands-down the worst. My next keystrokes will be to delete the picture from my computer.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 01-31-2008, 11:09 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Charter Arms AR-7 about 20 years ago. Traded it for a Nylon 66 but had to kick in a few bucks.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #16

Default help

has anyone had alot of problems with the taurus millenium pro 9mm. had this one 2 months and did some dry firing(some say its bad others dont) now its at the manufacturer for firing pin spring work.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:33 AM   #17

I purchased a new Springfield Armory M1A Scout last year and had nothing but feeding and ejection issues with it. Probably the worst weapon I've owned to date.

If you can see the big picture your not concentrating on the front sight post كافر

Last edited by Punisher; 02-05-2008 at 05:38 AM.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have to agree with Pioneer461, I just traded my Heritage Rough rider because it was junk. I mean it shot when the trigger was pulled, but I don't think I could hit a 5 gallon bucket at 15 yards. Even worse when I put the 22 mag. cylinder in. The Nickel plating was flaking off too. Oh well, I traded it even up for a surplus Mosin Nagant, I forget the model, but it is the long barreled one. I already have an M44, so I figured why not. And it shoots great.

The other "worst gun" that comes to mind is the POS Norinco 9mm Tokarev I bought back in the mid 1990's. It jammed constantly, and sometimes it would jam so bad between the slide and locking lugs on the barrel, that it required a hammer to unjam! After some filing on the lugs, I got that fixed, but it was still poor quality and poor accuracy.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:02 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I purchased a new Springfield Armory M1A Scout last year and had nothing but feeding and ejection issues with it. Probably the worst weapon I've owned to date.
I had the same problem with mine, had it for about 1 month before it went away.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #20

Remington Viper .22. What a piece of work Sights were nylon and kept slipping, was not accurate, magazine located where it gouged your support arm. Thankfully it was stolen.

Closed Thread