What Will Your Kid(s) Not Know? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

What Will Your Kid(s) Not Know?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 12:49 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Your right Chester. My Daughter is 25, and I tried to spent as much time as I could with her while she was growing up. I think the biggest thing to do is to drill in commen sense and what is right and wrong. There is too much anything you do is ok with no price to pay.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:12 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

airlink you are most correct, spending time with the kids is the most important thing a parent can do,It's my beleif that both parents should not work because when a child gets home from school a parent should be there for them, A child will find something to entertain them it's up to the parents to guide the child in the right direction as to what that selection will be.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Last edited by Chester; 03-23-2008 at 01:28 AM.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_P View Post
wow this is making me realize just how much my generation sucks. (im 18)
Chance,
Let me tell you about your generation. Yes, there are some without proper guidance or upbringing, there are the "bad ones". These are not the ones I am about to talk about. Sure we have issues in this country. But here is something to consider. I see your peers every day sacrifice everything they have for us. The real heroes that we should all look up to are those 18-22 year olds fighting and sometimes leading patrols and operations for our country. They knew what they were getting themselves into. They didn't do it for college money, they didn't do it because they were drafted. They do it out of wanting to ba a part of something bigger than them. I see these heroes every day, and it humbles me to no end. I love them and would have it no other way. Your generation will stand duty in freezing weather, torrential downpours, and somehow look at their leaders and ask them how they are doing. No Sir, yours is a wonderful generation in my opinion.

regards

Old 03-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #24

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post
OK this one is just for fun. This will be age dependent, but may be interesting to see.

What did you experience growing up that your children will not?
__________________________________________________ _____________

Rotary phones

Tinsel on Christmas trees

Not only rotary phones, but having an exchange name and numbers instead of seven numbers. Ours was HOward...

I've seen tinsel on trees just this year, hard to find, but it's available at Target sometimes.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:23 PM   #25

Sorry if it came off like I was bashing everybody from this generation. I know there are some great people out there that are willing to put their life on the line for things they believe in, but it just seems like 90% of kids these days would rather sit around and bitch about stuff than actually get anything done. Hardly anyone has any morals or values and that 90% I am talking about are a bunch of media zombies that don't know how to make a decision for themselves. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:44 PM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_P View Post
Sorry if it came off like I was bashing everybody from this generation. I know there are some great people out there that are willing to put their life on the line for things they believe in, but it just seems like 90% of kids these days would rather sit around and bitch about stuff than actually get anything done. Hardly anyone has any morals or values and that 90% I am talking about are a bunch of media zombies that don't know how to make a decision for themselves. Sorry if I offended anyone.
No Chance, no offense taken at all, I was just trying to offer a viewpoint on your generation that you may not see yourself. Trust me, I understand your point. Everyone ran the "Gen X" down (of which I am one) and assessed us as "worthless, without goals, slackers", soft etc etc. Just making the point that there are bad veins in every generation. I thought the same of mine when I was growing up. Just don't give up hope.

Newest Threads