Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What is a True American

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 11:49 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8305 Times on 3588 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

If you look at the history of most Americans, we are mutts. Not a purebred anything. Our ancestors were run out of, deported from, left one step ahead of the law or the army of countries all over the world.

My ancestors were on the losing side of the War of Roses, Cherokee that did not want to take that long walk, and French Huguenots running from the Cardinal. They were Border Reivers, indentured servants, farmers, blacksmiths, sawyers and millwrights (a lot of red knuckles in the family).

They came here and decided they were not running any more, and it was going to be damned unhealthy to chase them.

They will give you the shirt off their back if you need it. They will also shoot you if you try to take it. They will donate blood, and shed blood (theirs and others). They will welcome a stranger that walks up to them, and remain suspicious of strangers that walk around them. They have no organized state religion, but have a nation full of Churches, synagogues, and mosques. For a "no religion" country, just try talking during the prayer at the start of a NASCAR race- or not taking your hat off during the National Anthem (prayer will be needed then)

They love good drink, and are teetotalers. They believe the only ruler a free man needs folds and fits in your toolbox. They believe in live and let live- unless you push too far- then the let live part becomes optional. They love loud music, from arias to ZZ Top. They love women, babies, and old dogs. They come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and accents. But mainly with stars and stripes.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #12

Quote:
I have never met an American that has shown me hostilliy
Ever been to New Jersey?

Old 02-06-2011, 01:09 AM   #13

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

here are just a few...........

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/content/blogcategory/96/878/

we are a proud culture that will fight with our neighbor about the smallest things, but gladly stand shoulder-to-shoulder with him (whatever race, religion, or creed) to defend our great country.

Last edited by USEBOTHHANDS; 02-06-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:43 AM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

One of the better illustrations of American I've ever heard comes from an old cowboy story. In Wyoming in the 1890s an Englishman who represented some English investors came out to visit the ranch they owned part of. He got off the train in Laramie and rode northwest to the ranch. He thought he had reached the property when he encountered two cowboys out riding the line. He said to the older of the two, "Say, fellow, tell me where I can find your master." The cowboy thought a minute, rubbed his chin and said "Hell, that sumb!tch ain't been born yet."

Old 02-07-2011, 12:47 AM   #15

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
One of the better illustrations of American I've ever heard comes from an old cowboy story. In Wyoming in the 1890s an Englishman who represented some English investors came out to visit the ranch they owned part of. He got off the train in Laramie and rode northwest to the ranch. He thought he had reached the property when he encountered two cowboys out riding the line. He said to the older of the two, "Say, fellow, tell me where I can find your master." The cowboy thought a minute, rubbed his chin and said "Hell, that sumb!tch ain't been born yet."
LMAO, that's a goodun.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:04 AM   #16

I agree completly with the definitions of what a True American is that are on this page.

Apparently however I fail to understand what the new true american is. I know we raised our children with our values so how did many of them end up thinking that things should be handed to them and that the government should take care of the????????

I guess I just don't get it.

What the F*** happened to Life?????

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #17

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mema View Post
I agree completly with the definitions of what a True American is that are on this page.

Apparently however I fail to understand what the new true American is. I know we raised our children with our values so how did many of them end up thinking that things should be handed to them and that the government should take care of the????????

I guess I just don't get it.
Ma'am, you're not alone in this regard...

Old 02-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8305 Times on 3588 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

[quoteI guess I just don't get it.
][/quote]

Ma'am, if I had to hazard a guess, I would say that with the government and schools, the inmates have taken over the asylum.

That actually seems to most logical explanation I can come up with for much of what I see.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

My daughter picked that crap up in college. Up til then she was strictly merit-based, personal responsibility type. She still resents bitterly the amount of taxes she has to pay.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #20

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
My daughter picked that crap up in college. Up til then she was strictly merit-based, personal responsibility type. She still resents bitterly the amount of taxes she has to pay.
Trust me that is not just happening in America.