What state would be best for us? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What state would be best for us?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1797 Times on 929 Posts
Likes Given: 1362

A state of clarity would be nice.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 08-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #32

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
So after talking to my dad about moving he said hes really busy and wants me to do a little research on the following. He wants to move to a state that
-Alot of sunshine/nice weather year round(Kentucky, georiga,Tennessee etc. still qualify)
-lowest crime
-Cheapest land
-best fishing
-low taxes
-lowest real estate
-gun friendly
Mainly he wants to move to a small town or have a house 20+ miles from the nearest store/town and 60+ acres.
My dad is finally getting tired of ****cago and either wants to move to the southern belt or Arizona/Colorado area.
So far im thinking, Fort wayne, IN, Denver, CO, Plano/Garland, TX, Scottsdale/Prescott/page,AZ

Where do you guys think we should move?
I've chosen Texas, just slightly north of the Ft. Worth area. That pretty much satisfies most of the specifics you posted.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #33

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

My dad says he really wants to move to a southern state because of southern hospitality and lets not forget waffle house!!! they dont have any in illinois

Hes looking at Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas right now. I love the Texas people and how pro gun they are.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #34

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I think Kentucky is a nice state. Lush and green, mild winters, cheap(er) real estate.

My second choice would be Wyoming or Arizona.
I live in South Central Ky. Out in the county away form the larger cities land is pretty cheap. Gun laws are pretty good. Open carry, Shall issue CCW, pistol in a car is not considered concealed if in a Glove box, Castle Doctrine too.

The land varies a lot depending where in the state you go. I'm in a pretty hilly area but it's nothing like out east. Went of the state is as flat as Indiana (used to live there too). Hunting on your land is OK as best I remember as long as you are the land owner. Any others will need proper tags.

Biggest downside to where I'm at is I have to take a drive to do any real long range shooting. Like I said it's pretty hilly here so most hunting you are not making over a 100 yard shot. But we can bow hunt Turkey and deer and they have been reintroducing elk to the area. There are some black bears around but it's pretty rare to see one truth be told. About 100 miles south and you will see more though. I'm pretty close to Tenn. There's several cities that are 30 miles or less away if I feel the need to go. I do most my shopping online though.

I love it. I could not live anywhere else. I've lived all over and here is where I settled. I have several springs that run on or around my property, tons of game and great fishing. Lake Cumberland is not far and there are several fivers and creeks that feed me pretty well. I believe I have no need for a bug out location. I'm already here. The weather is a little funky sometimes. It can change a lot in a day but that's fine with me.

I just drove up my road (5/8 a mile) and spotted 5 deer and about 30 turkeys in the fields. Did I mention I can shoot off my porch?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-24-2012, 02:48 AM   #35

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

If i see a bear on my land should I shoot it ? to prevent anyone from getting injured in the future?

Old 09-04-2012, 02:58 AM   #36

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986
If i see a bear on my land should I shoot it ? to prevent anyone from getting injured in the future?
NO! Only if you have proper tags, license to hunt in the area, and are the required distance away from any possibly occupied buildings (sheds,barns,homes,etc), roads, and bridges, may you shoot a bear in your property. You may however shoot it, IF it poses imminent danger to you and your family, and you can prove that you were at risk of death/great bodily harm.

-Matt

Old 09-04-2012, 03:00 AM   #37

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns

NO! Only if you have proper tags, license to hunt in the area, and are the required distance away from any possibly occupied buildings (sheds,barns,homes,etc), roads, and bridges, may you shoot a bear in your property. You may however shoot it, IF it poses imminent danger to you and your family, and you can prove that you were at risk of death/great bodily harm.
This is the LEGAL answer...
Beasty, I'd love a bear skin coat Lil bro.