Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What state would be best for us?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
Any other suggestions?
northern New Mexico maybe - haven't lived there but have been through a few times. Always wanted to spend some time in the Toas area

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 08-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #22

Liked 707 Times on 455 Posts
Likes Given: 227

Disadvantage to Az is limited fishing and all big game is drawing only for gun seasons. We have alot of doves and quail and rabbits. No bad weather except for flash floods once-in-awhile(but just don't stand in a wash if its raining!). No hurricanes, very rare tornadoes, some snow storms(but often melt in 1 or 2 days). Bottom half of state gets hot in summer. Severe illegal alien problem but mostly in bottom half of state. Also a whole new meaning to the term "dry". Temps often swing 40 degrees from day time to night time. One of the best gun states. Open and concealed carry legal for all without a permit( and both common). Gun shops abound.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #23

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Ky. is my choice, we got all you listed and more, I am here.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #24

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

As a big NFL fan I have always thought the western time zone would be great. Sunday morning the games start at 10 AM the late afternoon game starts at 1 PM and the night game stars at 5:30. Then the Monday night game starts at 5:30.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #25

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Isnt there alot of snow in alaska? So far im thinking kentuck , arizona , texas are my best options.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #26
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

New Hampshire or Vermont, best gun laws, lowest crime, great commute to Boston and very libertarian.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
Vincine Likes This 
Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #27

And no income tax in New Hampshire.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-23-2012, 01:32 AM   #28

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
New Hampshire or Vermont, best gun laws, lowest crime, great commute to Boston and very libertarian.
and property taxes just went down Suuuwwweeeeeeeeettt!!!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 08-23-2012, 01:37 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

and property taxes just went down Suuuwwweeeeeeeeettt!!!
Really close to some of the major gun manufactures, I've been to the Smith & Wesson factory, it's pretty cool.

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #30
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5890 Times on 2915 Posts
Likes Given: 6246

Ive been elsewhere but came back to Upstate NY after my RA service in the 80's. NY is arguably the most beautiful, bountiful and breathtaking state in the Union. It has the Vistas, Views and Venues of a world class destination along with natural resources that are unmatched in most of the world. Hunting, fishing, trapping and every outdoor sport in the world are available and we are as historically and culturally diverse a state as any in the nation.

Most folks that havent ever been upstate dont realize that NYC is so tiny in comparison to the rest of the state! The view off my deck is larger than New York City yet has less than 20 houses/ barns in it and one visible road! 9/10ths of the rest of the state is the same way.

We have Natural Gas, Timber, Mineral Resources and a huge breadbasket as well as nearly the largest supply of clean and safe drinking and water above and below the ground in the world.

We produce enough NRG to supply our entire state and 3 others and we have tapped only tiny parts of our possible capabilities thus-far. NY has a giant reserve of Natural Gas that can and will cleanly and cheaply power our state back into the limelight as soon as the stalwarts and toad kissers stop trying to stop us from harvesting it.

Unfortunately it fails every other litmus tests Constitutionalists and Patriots look for in a State Governance hands-down. Albany taxes and regulates every move we make and every breath we take, they are watching us 24/7 FOOG (Just Like a Sting song)! NYC and Albany control 100% of the state from less than 2% of the territory it covers.

Im seeing a small resurgence of Chik Fil A fever here, folks have had enough BS and sick of watching those that can and will run away from it to those states youve all mentioned here. That helps me maintain hope that the Albanizers are starting to feel the voters put an end of their Progressive, Wasteful, Ineffective and Intrusive garbage they call Legislating!

Keep you eyes on us, things are changing. About 15 years ago the Amish and Mennonites began buying tons of land, farms and building sites upstate, they have been moving entire communities here by the hundreds of folks and you wont find a more frugal bunch anywhere. Why would they do that? Its because they know what we refuse to embrace- NY as a stock is grossly undervalued and poised for a huge resurgence.

Global warming will make the state a few degrees warmer and by the time the rest of the states catch up to NY's Social Disservice ways, we will be long past that!

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 08-23-2012 at 11:35 AM.
People Like This