Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   What state would be best for us? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/what-state-would-best-us-69874/)

beastmode986 08-08-2012 12:07 AM

What state would be best for us?

So after talking to my dad about moving he said hes really busy and wants me to do a little research on the following. He wants to move to a state that
-Alot of sunshine/nice weather year round(Kentucky, georiga,Tennessee etc. still qualify)
-lowest crime
-Cheapest land
-best fishing
-low taxes
-lowest real estate
-gun friendly
Mainly he wants to move to a small town or have a house 20+ miles from the nearest store/town and 60+ acres.
My dad is finally getting tired of ****cago and either wants to move to the southern belt or Arizona/Colorado area.
So far im thinking, Fort wayne, IN, Denver, CO, Plano/Garland, TX, Scottsdale/Prescott/page,AZ

Where do you guys think we should move?

vincent 08-08-2012 12:13 AM

Great thread topic...

I'd say the Blue Ridge/Smokey Mountains...(TN, NC area)

In the right spot, it's a little slice of Heaven...but that's just me...:cool:

Commocarl 08-08-2012 12:38 AM

I would say Texas, naturally, but it is soooooo damn hot in the summer. You can have your pick of topography, its all here. Coastal, Woodland, Rolling Hills, Prarie, Dessert, Mountains. Just never really cold :P

Axxe55 08-08-2012 12:42 AM

Texas is a great state to live in. as ComoCarl said, many different types of environments here. great hunting and fishing. best prices for homes and land are rural. if you move to any of the bigger cities in Texas, they are just as expensive as many other states bigger cities.

texaswoodworker 08-08-2012 01:12 AM

+1 for Texas. :D

There are areas in Texas where land can be bought very cheaply. (Mostly desert, but in some other places too) We have pretty good hunting throughout most of the state too.

beastmode986 08-08-2012 01:20 AM

I heard the gun laws are strict in Texas or something like that but maybe i misheard. If i get 100+ acres you guys think I could hunt on my land? The only thing I get real worried about are the massive storms and tornadoes in Texas. Cant one tornado tear you whole house apart? Plus I would lose everything I own. Is it true your allowed to drink and drive in texas? responsibly of course.

dragunovsks 08-08-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastmode986
I heard the gun laws are strict in Texas or something like that but maybe i misheard. If i get 100+ acres you guys think I could hunt on my land? The only thing I get real worried about are the massive storms and tornadoes in Texas. Cant one tornado tear you whole house apart? Plus I would lose everything I own. Is it true your allowed to drink and drive in texas? responsibly of course.

Uh I doubt it dude! I love Indiana, I live in southern Indiana near the Ohio river. I wouldn't dream of leaving my home state. Indiana is very pro gun BTW.

Gone_South 08-08-2012 01:52 AM

Mississippi is easy on gun laws. Very cheap land in most places & yes you can hunt.

The oppressive heat & humidity in the summer can be a draw back as well as some of the misinformed media hate for Mississippi.

gearhead396 08-08-2012 01:54 AM

Check out Texas corpus christi or San Antonio I move back and forth between the to being that I'm a avid surfer I love it down here and very loose gun laws

CHLChris 08-08-2012 01:57 AM

Never been to Texas, but the Lone Star state would be my choice. I kind of like mildly cold winters (I live in Oregon which snows occasionally), so Texas may not perfectly fit me, but I believe I'd fit into Texas like a glove.