You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

What really pisses you off the most about our government

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I know where I live, you have to pay for the permit. Now, is that free speech?

Old 04-04-2008, 08:50 PM   #32

Default Money Talks

Face it folks.. Money Talks. Sadly to say, that seems what this whole World is about. My suggestion is to join the NRA. It doesn't cost much, and would well be worth it.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:42 PM   #33
bkt

Liked 1306 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyTexan View Post
I know where I live, you have to pay for the permit. Now, is that free speech?
The Supreme Court ruled in 1943 (Murdock v. Pennsylvania, 319 US 105):
Quote:
A state may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the federal constitution... The power to impose a license tax on the exercise of these freedoms is indeed as potent as the power of censorship which this Court has repeatedly struck down... a person cannot be compelled 'to purchase, through a license fee or a license tax, the privilege freely granted by the constitution.'
So much for stare decisis.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:23 PM   #34

It s a Cluster Flub if ya know what I mean.....But, its better than all the rest. Chewy

Old 04-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #35

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I pay $15.00 for my permit

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 04-05-2008, 10:43 PM   #36
bkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
I pay $15.00 for my permit
They're about $150 around here, and it takes six months to a year for them to process the paperwork.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:02 AM   #37

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Mine took about a week the first time, after that 10 minutes, just show your expired one and poof you got a new one.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 04-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #38

Like many of you I took an Oath.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."
What bothers me, is when and how do we live up to that? The future looks pretty bleak. Our rights are being eroded and there is no accountability. Not knowing what to do about it is what pisses me off; or even more so the inability to do anything about it.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #39

On an after thought, I wouldn't advocate revolution. That would be downright treasonous, But there has to be a solution through the proper channels. I am fiercely proud to be an American, but some of this nonsense makes me hang my head in shame; the same way I would when my child misbehaves.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #40
bkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNabb11b View Post
On an after thought, I wouldn't advocate revolution.
Goodness, why not?!

Quote:
That would be downright treasonous,
Doesn't that depend on how you define treason? Those in government would certainly call a civilian uprising treasonous, but if they are the ones wiping their backsides with the Constitution and culling our rights thus depriving us of our liberty, isn't it incumbent on us to do something about it?

Certainly, we must make every effort to get the right people in office. This presidential campaign is a friggin' shambles; I won't vote for McCain and I sure as hell won't vote for either of the two clowns the dems will put up.

We can work to educate the electorate. Teach them about the founding of this country. Teach them about the ills of socia1ism and communism. Show them what some politicians are trying to do to us. Then, let them make their own decisions. I expect this will ultimately be the way we get back on track.

In the meantime, just as a measure of prudence, storing a few thousand rounds isn't a bad idea; one never knows what the future may bring. (It may not be revolution, but it could be some form of ruin.)

Quote:
But there has to be a solution through the proper channels. I am fiercely proud to be an American, but some of this nonsense makes me hang my head in shame; the same way I would when my child misbehaves.
Americans have not shied away from deposing tyrants in the past. It is undesirable to think that we as an electorate could have let things slide so far that our own government has become tyrannical, but we're clearly on that road. We need to make a U-turn pronto.