What really pisses you off the most about our government - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What really pisses you off the most about our government

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
The question remains HOW DO WE DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION, That my friend is yours to answer.
i believe thomas jefferson answered that question

Old 03-29-2008, 11:55 PM   #12

.Chester hit the nail on the head..

..I UPHOLD THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BARE-ARMS..

Old 04-02-2008, 12:53 AM   #13

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Having worked in government most of my life, I'll try to not take offense at some of the above comments. I have served my country in the US Navy, and my community as a police officer for 30 years. I have the scars and other wounds to show for it.

Despite what some may think, there are dedicated, hard working, courageous people who work for you. Not ALL public employees are bad, just as not ALL doctors are bad, same for lawyers, plumbers, carpenters, etc. There are many government employees now in Iraq and Afghanistan taking lead and fire on your behalf.

As a life-time government employee, I can tell you that many of us are just as frustrated as you are in the rampant incompetence that we all know so well. True, there are some lazy, incompetent slugs that we'd all be much better off without, but please don't put all of us in that category.

The policies of government are formulated by the elected politicians, and the appointed directors and department heads, not the workers. Most of the appointments are political, and there are career climbers who have absolutely no common sense, and carry out policy not for the public good, but for their own career enhancement.

The slugs that work against us in government are there as a result of unionization of government employees. The laziest, lamest worker gets the exact same pay and benefits as the best, most productive worker. Union rules and contracts make it very difficult to get rid of the scum.

The next time you slow down at an accident scene to rubber-neck at the destruction, try to remember that the officer, or fire fighter picking up the dead mother and baby, is a government employee.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Last edited by pioneer461; 04-02-2008 at 12:56 AM.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:18 AM   #14

We need to start back at square one. If that's possible.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:22 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
I have served my country in the US Navy, and my community as a police officer for 30 years.
Where does that make you a politician, or qualified to speak on behalf of our elected officials ?

Old 04-02-2008, 03:20 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I don't remember anything in these threads being directed against Cops or Military Servicemen. What Gives ?

Old 04-02-2008, 04:24 AM   #17

the fore site to know what is going to happen and the lack of wavos to stop it

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress....
But then I repeat myself.
-Mark Twain

Old 04-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #18
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Pioneer, thank you for your service and sacrifice. The comments here directed generally against "government" are not aimed at soldiers, sailors, marines, law enforcement (for the most part) or firefighters, but against those who establish policy, write laws, (fail to) enforce laws, and (mis)interpret laws. These are the people working against us.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAction View Post
Where does that make you a politician, or qualified to speak on behalf of our elected officials ?
I'm not, nor have I ever claimed to speak on behalf of elected officials.

All Rights Reserved

Old 04-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAction View Post
I don't remember anything in these threads being directed against Cops or Military Servicemen. What Gives ?
Quote: "Government at all levels seems to be a seething hive of festering vermin hell-bent on gaining power, prestige and wealth for themselves. Our "public servants" are either conniving, back-stabbing, untrustworthy pricks, or so mortally stupid they're basically unemployable anywhere but the government.

Many here could write several pages describing in lurid detail what pisses us off about the government. I'll just say that their selective enforcement -- and selective waving -- of the law, including local laws all the way on up to the Constitution, is the root of most things that piss me off about the government."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words mean things. "Government at all levels", would include ALL LEVELS. The term "selective enforcement" is directed toward Law Enforcement. That's what gives.

All Rights Reserved