What not to do at boot camp. - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What not to do at boot camp.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Never.. ever... ever.... tell another boot that you spent 4 years in a military academy high school. The son of a b*tch squeeled to the DI and I ended up Dorm Chief. I wanted to cruse through laid back and easy .... but Noooooooo I had to keep everyone from screwing up and making it hell for me.

Scubie

Old 07-12-2011, 02:54 AM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

When your DI places the brim of his smoky bear hat on the brim of your hat and you see just how stupid you look in the reflection of his sun glasses it is a Really Bad idea to start laughing. Don't ask me how I know.

Also Don't salute LT's while they are riding a bicycle and a storm drain is close by.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:05 AM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5803 Times on 3030 Posts
Likes Given: 398

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Okay, I'm ignorant on this subject. Why not and what should you call him?

Are you serious? You guys had to eat from the Mess Hall garbage cans?
in the army its "drillsergeant yes/no drillsergeant" anything else just brings pain

at least not in the last 3 decades. food infractions usually earned anything from the DI trashing the entire bay including peeling out motorcycles on the tile to massive ammounts of KP duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Thats what I was thinking.
we got a weekend pass in AIT the week before graduation. but we were one sight training basic and ait was 4 months straight same DI the whole way

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
When your DI ask you why you joined the Army NEVER ever say "The college money".
i told em i wanted to shoot machine guns. earned me the M60 gunner role in AIT. i loved it. please oh please mr DI dont throw me into the belt fed briar patch!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by od green View Post
Also Don't salute LT's while they are riding a bicycle and a storm drain is close by.
its REQUIRED to salute butterbars at the most inconvienant time for them!!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 07-12-2011 at 03:07 AM.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:28 AM   #24

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Jon, I highly agree but you didn't hear it from me ???

Also IF and I do mean IF ya have to volunteer choose laundry duty cause usually that's where the phones and candy machines are located and sometimes the smoke area is to, that's if you can still smoke in basic.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:32 AM   #25

Liked 1181 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Quote:
At tech school we were encouraged and even praised for saluting Lt's on motorcycles. I bet I would have gotten a day pass had I gotten one to fall.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #26
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7383 Times on 4438 Posts
Likes Given: 9133

Quote:
When your DI places the brim of his smoky bear hat on the brim of your hat and you see just how stupid you look in the reflection of his sun glasses it is a Really Bad idea to start laughing. Don't ask me how I know.

That is too funny. And I bet you aren't supposed to laugh when the LT's tire gets stuck in the storm drain and he falls.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #27

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Jon, I highly agree but you didn't hear it from me ???

Also IF and I do mean IF ya have to volunteer choose laundry duty cause usually that's where the phones and candy machines are located and sometimes the smoke area is to, that's if you can still smoke in basic.
In 1995 when I went through Basic at Fort Lost in the woods you were not allowed to smoke, chew, candy, soda. You drank water and ate what ever they had in the chow hall. There is no KP anymore as it is all contract employees. KP was taking time away from training. You are not there to learn how to peal potatoes you are there to learn how to fight.

Oh and we did our own laundry. I had to teach half my bay mates to do laundry. Their mommy did it all for them. Plus now there are WOMEN with you in basic. I remember that we have 8 person bays and I have women on the left and right and the three rooms across the hall. On fire guard you didn't count how many per room you just counted.