Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What new toys did Santa bring you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 12:51 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post

Have you shot it yet? I really like mine.
I love my Remington r1. I know I'm not the one u asked but its awesome

Old 12-31-2012, 02:35 AM   #62

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Went and saw my dad today with my wife. We exchanged gifts with him and my step-mom and they bought us an extremely nice CharBroil Commercial Grade 4-Burner Stainless Steel grill. We didn't have a grill and had been looking at them. I guess I mentioned it to dad at some point and he delivered.

I'm really stoked to get it home so I can put something on it. Anything. Hell, I'll grill a piece of wood if I have to. I'm dying to char something.

We were EXTREMELY blessed this Christmas with so much amazing stuff. I can't even begin to express my gratitude for the generosity of our loved ones.

Hope you all have an amazing 2013!!!

Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-31-2012, 02:54 AM   #63

Liked 1116 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I got my own Nikon Coolpix L26 camera. I would take a pic of it but.....
My wife has one of these and it takes fabulous pictures once you figure out all the settings which she has not a clue so she passes it off to me so she can take better pics. I have the little point and shoot L18 and its been a fabulous camera, its one of those you throw on Auto and everything you shoot comes out perfect day or night . Nikon makes great cameras right next to my back up camera a Canon

Old 12-31-2012, 03:06 AM   #64

Liked 420 Times on 233 Posts

I'm not sure if it counts as Christmas but..... I did receive some cash from family this year and bought myself a new Henry survivor rifle, and found a used Glock 19 gen 2 with Austrian proof marks. All in all a good day. Plus my wife gave me a couple pmags, a Plano rifle case with the oring seal, and a matching Plano case I am going to use for pistols.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:06 AM   #65

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
My wife has one of these and it takes fabulous pictures once you figure out all the settings which she has not a clue so she passes it off to me so she can take better pics. I have the little point and shoot L18 and its been a fabulous camera, its one of those you throw on Auto and everything you shoot comes out perfect day or night . Nikon makes great cameras right next to my back up camera a Canon
Nice avatar, i got to meet Kaley a couple yrs ago when i was in Santa Monica visiting my Aunt. She was the guest speaker at some kind of heart health thing(John Ritter foundation) at the Ronald Reagan library the day we happened to be there. She is way hotter in person, and very friendly.....sorry for jacking the thread..

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Last edited by readygirl; 12-31-2012 at 03:35 AM.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:18 AM   #66

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Default my Xmas present to myself

This is my second Argentine Mauser. The first one is a full size and shoots great. I found this one on GB and liked it.It's a cavalry carbine, full length stock and shoots great. So I bought it for my self. Its well preserved and shoots great. I'm starting to turn toward some of the older militery guns. I like the history and they shoot pretty dang good.

1891-argentine-7.65x53-cavalry-carbine-003.jpg   1891-argentine-7.65x53-cavalry-carbine-005.jpg   1891-argentine-7.65x53-cavalry-carbine-007.jpg   1891-argentine-7.65x53-cavalry-carbine-011.jpg  

USN Vet
Retired LEO
" o xein angellein Lakedaimoniois hote tede
keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi"

Old 01-01-2013, 03:40 AM   #67

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey guys..., new to the forum here.

I got my daughter and two of my nieces (5, 5 & 7), their first, Daisy (pink), lever action BB guns (w/eyes, ears, bb's & zombie targets)

Spoiled myself as well..., added a few firearms to my collection:
Ruger LCR Crimson Trace .38 Special +P
Browning Buckmark Camper .22cal 5.5" Semi-Auto
And...
GSG 522 Semi-Auto .22cal Rifle

As well, I ended up with about $600 in Cabelas Gift Cards.
I've called them every day to see if they have any AR's in and the answer has been no every day.
I'll continue to call every morning, as it only takes about 1.5 hrs for me to get there, but I'm hoping they get some in ASAP.

Happy New Year everyone! Be safe out there!

Old 01-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #68

Liked 663 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 46

100 round of 338 Lapua brass, 100 round of 308 brass, 500 rounds of 223 brass, and mrs Santa got kinda dirty a few times too.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 01-01-2013, 06:10 AM   #69

Liked 123 Times on 75 Posts

2000 rnds of 762x39..... & a lot of mags for both ar15 and ak47....

Old 01-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #70
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet61 View Post
This is my second Argentine Mauser. The first one is a full size and shoots great. I found this one on GB and liked it.It's a cavalry carbine, full length stock and shoots great. So I bought it for my self. Its well preserved and shoots great. I'm starting to turn toward some of the older militery guns. I like the history and they shoot pretty dang good.
7.65 Argentine? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it? My Grandfather used to have a Mauser chambered in that round that he reloaded for. He said he could drive pins with that thing. I'd love to have one. I plan on getting one eventually.