Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What new toys did Santa bring you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 01:31 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

Name:  image-425918479.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  32.1 KB

My new sp101 wish Santa would have brought my cpl and a couple thousand rounds too...
Old 12-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #42
Proud to be an American

Liked 555 Times on 269 Posts
Likes Given: 287

The best thing I got was two of my four children and their spouse each bought each other a hand gun and a certificate to a cc program!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

People Like This 
Old 12-27-2012, 02:29 AM   #43

Liked 267 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well all the kids had a great Christmas and the wife did to. I got a new red/green dot sight for my shotgun. New lymans reloading manual, a tumbler and media so I could open up my press and get it set up on my new reloading desk. Spent some time on it last night and got the press bolted down and started cleaning a couple batches of cases earlier in the day, and deprimed and sized a couple hundred .357's and some .38s while I was at it.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #44

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

I made out like a freakin' bandit this year... God definitely blessed me with the most giving family one could ask for. First and foremost, my mom got me a PSA upper so I could finish my first AR build (now wearing a vertical fore-grip and a standard mount for the Vortex):

My in-laws got me a Wacom tablet and an Ares Ethos QX75 Nano-Quad, which is an amazing little RC quadcopter. The dog hates it, but I'm having a blast navigating the hallway and living room at the house with it. I got a few Mel Brooks movies on BluRay because no Christmas is complete without Young Frankenstein or Spaceballs. I got a few little trinkets and some pens and some cash. And my wife bought me a 160GB iPod Classic so I can be a spoiled brat and take my entire music collection with me no matter where I go (because you never know when you want to listen to that one Journey song from your favorite bar in college).

All-in-all, I'd say I did pretty well. Still haven't been to my dad's house yet. Interested to see what Santa left under the tree there for us. It's usually something good (last year it was a 7-day trip to Disney).

I think my favorite part of the day was just lounging with the in-laws, watching old Christmas movies and hitting up the China Buffet for dinner. Quiet and lazy. Just glad that I have the opportunity to be thought of the way my family does and so thankful to God for all of His many blessings. Definitely keeping the shout-outs to the Big Guy in check. Gotta give the glory to Him.

Sounds like the rest of you guys had a pretty good day, too.

Who's ready for next year?

Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"
towboater Likes This 
Old 12-27-2012, 03:05 AM   #45
Deader Bears=Better Bears

Liked 5617 Times on 3303 Posts
Likes Given: 4695

Seriously considering using this Apple TV as a target. Their returns policy blows.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 12-27-2012, 03:08 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Seriously considering using this Apple TV as a target. Their returns policy blows.
Any specific reason you're trying to return it? Sorry for being nosy, I'm an Apple fanboy so I'm just curious. And might be able to help you out some as I've had the Apple TV in the past.
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-27-2012, 03:08 AM   #47
I am the Fanman

Liked 403 Times on 239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
What issue are you having I've had one for a couple years now and love it

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 12-27-2012, 03:13 AM   #48
Deader Bears=Better Bears

Liked 5617 Times on 3303 Posts
Likes Given: 4695

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymatthew View Post
Any specific reason you're trying to return it? Sorry for being nosy, I'm an Apple fanboy so I'm just curious. And might be able to help you out some as I've had the Apple TV in the past.
Don't watch that much TV. Don't particularly like the interface; Wii did it just as well a couple of years ago. Still have the Wii, don't use it much either.

Do NOT like the return policies. For the hundred bucks it's worth, i'll probably just try to really enjoy blasting it to bits rather than hassle with going to a store to attempt a receiptless return.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 12-27-2012, 03:20 AM   #49
I am the Fanman

Liked 403 Times on 239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Don't watch that much TV. Don't particularly like the interface; Wii did it just as well a couple of years ago. Still have the Wii, don't use it much either.

Do NOT like the return policies. For the hundred bucks it's worth, i'll probably just try to really enjoy blasting it to bits rather than hassle with going to a store to attempt a receiptless return.
Might try to resell it you probably know some one that would want it. Unless you have movies on your iTunes that you want to watch on a tv there's not much point. For me I have a bunch of movies plus Netflix that I put on my bedroom tv so it works great in my situation.

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 12-27-2012, 03:30 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

I gotcha... You might do well to just put it up on eBay. You'd probably get 80% of the value for it. Much better than trying to return it to the Apple Store without a receipt. I sold an Apple TV on eBay a few months ago. Got $75 for it and it wasn't the newest model.