Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What new toys did Santa bring you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Remington r1

image-1692061376.jpg

Old 12-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #32
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5472 Times on 2704 Posts
Likes Given: 5802

Wow, you'se guys did AOK! Shows youve been good, Santa was watching!

Tough times in the WF38 Household so My wife and I banned gifting between each other for this year but we threw the Feast and had plenty of gifts for the 13 family members we had for dinner. The Grand kids did pretty good, they seemed as tired as can be by the end so mission accomplished there!

Sad part-----My Sister and her Boyfriend showed up late, shes had a tough go of it, A traumatic brain Injury 10 years ago and a complete Laryngectomy (SP?) just last month. She's not eating well (no solids at all) and looks like hell warmed over. Our entire family has had a list of losses over the last 2 years (Mom last April, Sister, Uncle, more...) that I wouldnt wish on my NME but my Sister is just buried in despair now she no longer has a voice even.

Now the Happy part-------I have most of my Moms prized possessions stored away and one of them is her old 40 pound full length Raccoon Coat circa 1930. Its a monster and as warm as a bear skin and in pretty good shape for being 85 plus years old. Whilst everyone was cleaning up and chatting, I snuck away and dragged the beast out of the mothballs then walked in the kitchen with it like I had a prized kill! You could see everyone's eyes light up as I walked over, I told her to stand up and put my Moms coat on her like an armor. The tears flowed around the room like a damn fireplug, me included. Everyone had seen my Mom wear that our whole life, it was instant emotion.

She tried to talk, (She still forgets she cant), I told her to hush! She wrote on her pad that it was very nice of me to give her Mothers coat; my reply was, "I checked the tag on the inside, it had your name written all over it". Best gift ever...

Old 12-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #33

Liked 2357 Times on 1473 Posts
Likes Given: 51

That's great Webley. Truly a nice thing to do.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #34

Liked 2357 Times on 1473 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I find out what Santa brought me in a few more days, may get lucky and get off the boat to head home tomorrow!

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #35

Liked 346 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 103

New grips for my CZ 75 SPO1.

008.jpg  

Last edited by manta; 12-26-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #36

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38
Wow, you'se guys did AOK! Shows youve been good, Santa was watching!

Tough times in the WF38 Household so My wife and I banned gifting between each other for this year but we threw the Feast and had plenty of gifts for the 13 family members we had for dinner. The Grand kids did pretty good, they seemed as tired as can be by the end so mission accomplished there!

Sad part-----My Sister and her Boyfriend showed up late, shes had a tough go of it, A traumatic brain Injury 10 years ago and a complete Laryngectomy (SP?) just last month. She's not eating well (no solids at all) and looks like hell warmed over. Our entire family has had a list of losses over the last 2 years (Mom last April, Sister, Uncle, more...) that I wouldnt wish on my NME but my Sister is just buried in despair now she no longer has a voice even.

Now the Happy part-------I have most of my Moms prized possessions stored away and one of them is her old 40 pound full length Raccoon Coat circa 1930. Its a monster and as warm as a bear skin and in pretty good shape for being 85 plus years old. Whilst everyone was cleaning up and chatting, I snuck away and dragged the beast out of the mothballs then walked in the kitchen with it like I had a prized kill! You could see everyone's eyes light up as I walked over, I told her to stand up and put my Moms coat on her like an armor. The tears flowed around the room like a damn fireplug, me included. Everyone had seen my Mom wear that our whole life, it was instant emotion.

She tried to talk, (She still forgets she cant), I told her to hush! She wrote on her pad that it was very nice of me to give her Mothers coat; my reply was, "I checked the tag on the inside, it had your name written all over it". Best gift ever...
As I read through the post in this thread I believe you got the best gift of all. Family

Old 12-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #37

Liked 354 Times on 201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock

How is that? .22 guns have always been kinda boring after 50 rounds for me. Is the fun factor high enough to justify the purchase?
I have yet to make it to the range with it yet but I'm going Saturday and ill let you guys know how it does.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #38

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

New Aimpoint PRO. Now I just need an upper to put it on

image-3235662876.jpg  

Old 12-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

My nephew had tipped me off that my dear sweet Mother was planning to give me a double-stack Bersa for Christmas. She got pretty close to the one i've been lusting after. I've been lusting after another Bersa Thunder .380 since mine went to my sister to replace her tiny, partially caramel-coated .25acp. Well, i opened a box Christmas morning to see a two-tone (flat nickel slide over black frame) Bersa Thunder 9 ultra compact pro with a pair of mags. It holds thirteen rounds of 9x19mm; with the wider choices in ammo types, i think it is a better package for carry. It's a bit bigger than its .380 sibling, but i think i could still pack it under my love luggage (considering a carry permit). I was very happy. I may pick up something tiny for summer carry, maybe a cw9.

It did have a scuff on the top of the slide that is significant enough for me to take it back for a swap-out. It came from typically over-priced Gander Mountain, so i don't feel the least bit bad about complaining about a scuff that doesn't affect function. Anybody done a firearms return/exchange at Gander lately?

Also got a Apple TV to attach to my TV; i will figure that out later, liked the blues music channel. Got a little radio/dock thing for my iphone. Got a neat little lense thing that clips to my iphone's camera lens to give a "fisheye" effect, a "macro" function, and a "wide angle" function. Cool as penguin feet was the remake of the classic Atari console with a bunch of built-in games!

Gave my anti-gun, professor sister a chocolate double barrel shotgun. I spect she will "eat her gun" in the near future.

I think people liked the gifts i gave them, which is the better part for me. Further, i only had to make one shopping trip in person, as everything else i gave was ordered online.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 12-26-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #40

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
...An my grandma gave me a really old family picture that I've wanted for a long time

Also for 2 bottles of jack Daniels and 1 bottle of some finely aged single malt scotch..
The picture isn't a gift if you gotta trade her booze for it -- in fact you might be taking advantage of her condition.