Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   what more can i do to help?! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/what-more-can-i-do-help-91834/)

duddie10 06-05-2013 10:44 PM

what more can i do to help?!
 
Living in ct is hard. The taxes are high the laws are tight and jobs are scarse. With maloy changing laws every day how do i stop it. I write my letter make my calls but nothing is making a difference. Moving out of the state is not an option right now. How do i fight back. They are here to serve us not the other way around. How do i get them to see this? Who can help we need to change this!!

rurak 06-05-2013 10:45 PM

Unfortunately the only thing you can do is move

NC1760 06-06-2013 01:50 AM

You live in.... and can't move.
 
I suggest starting right here at the FTF by stopping by the "State by State" subforums. Introduce yourself and start asking about a local based firearms ownership and/or shooting organization. Attend some meetings... Make more friends. Form a reisitance alliance to the current political climate. Start organizing protests... In the meantime, keep writing, keep emailing, keep calling. Make yourself a pain-in-the-@$$ pebble in their SHOE.... Help in the elections for pro-2a candidates and try like HELL to get these bums out!!
THEN join or donate to the NRA, Gun Owners of American, the NSSF, the JPFO... ALL of the above!!! .... Never just shruge and say "Oh well"... That way they win!!

http://home.nra.org/ http://gunowners.org/ http://www.nssf.org/ http://jpfo.org/

johnr1943 06-06-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC1760 (Post 1268709)
I suggest starting right here at the FTF by stopping by the "State by State" subforums. Introduce yourself and start asking about a local based firearms ownership and/or shooting organization. Attend some meetings... Make more friends. Form a reisitance alliance to the current political climate. Start organizing protests... In the meantime, keep writing, keep emailing, keep calling. Make yourself a pain-in-the-@$$ pebble in their SHOE.... Help in the elections for pro-2a candidates and try like HELL to get these bums out!!
THEN join or donate to the NRA, Gun Owners of American, the NSSF, the JPFO... ALL of the above!!! .... Never just shruge and say "Oh well"... That way they win!!

http://home.nra.org/ http://gunowners.org/ http://www.nssf.org/ http://jpfo.org/

You must keep on keeping on.

pseudo latin phrase "nil bastardum carborundum" - but probably more correctly "illegitimi nil carborundum" - don' let the bastards wear you down. :o

NC1760 06-06-2013 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnr1943 (Post 1268764)
pseudo latin phrase "nil bastardum carborundum" - but probably more correctly "illegitimi nil carborundum" - don' let the bastards wear you down. :o

ha-HA!! The bass player from my old punk band back in the 80's had a sticker on the front of his Rickenbacker with that on it!!! When we did a cover of Husker Du's song "Target"... he would sing the lead ... "Don't participate!!... Be lethargic!!!.. You're a hypocrite!!... You're the target!!"
Good times!! Good times!! :D

towboater 06-06-2013 03:24 AM

What can you do?
I try to educate people about politics. I finally turned my mom against Democrats. I have helped others to see the light also.

Buckeyeborn 06-06-2013 04:02 AM

I hear your pain I am in CA I hope to retire in 3 to 5 years hope I can survive it

duddie10 06-06-2013 04:11 PM

I want to thank every one for the input. Im going to see who i can find in my area. Join a few shooting clubs and see if we cant make a difference. I already donate what ican to the nra i believe that it makes a difference. After reading the revised gun laws that maloy change it finaly made me thing there is no hope. He changes things in the middle of the night and at his discression. Now i know when elections come around no way in hell, even in jesus him self told me to vote for maloy its not happening!!! I just was hoping that some day it changes. The goverment was started as a public service and now it seems that we are the goverments servents. Idk all i can say is that as long as theres a breath in my lungs, a beat in my heart and the red white and blue behind me i wont give up.

DFlynt 06-06-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towboater (Post 1268794)
What can you do?
I try to educate people about politics. I finally turned my mom against Democrats. I have helped others to see the light also.

I did the same thing with my mom! :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:37 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.