WHAT??? Michael Vick picked up a key to the (Dallas) city
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > WHAT??? Michael Vick picked up a key to the (Dallas) city

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default WHAT??? Michael Vick picked up a key to the (Dallas) city

Dallas mayor: Vick’s key to city “not sanctioned by my office” | ProFootballTalk

Dallas mayor: Vick’s key to city “not sanctioned by my office”
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 7, 2011, 5:26 PM EST
vick

Eagles quarterback Michael Vick didn’t attend the pre-Super Bowl party he had been slated to host, but he did stop by Dallas over the weekend, where he picked up a key to the city.

And now the mayor of Dallas wants everyone to know that he wasn’t involved in that decision.

“The action taken was not sanctioned by my office and was not an official ceremonial honor on behalf of the City of Dallas,” Mayor Tom Leppert said in a statement. “Official Keys to the City are presented by the Mayor, or an elected official designated by the Mayor, and reserved, on a limited basis, for an elected official of international status. Clearly, this was not the case in this situation and done without my knowledge or approval. Given these circumstances I have requested the City Manager propose guidelines to prevent this situation in the future.”

So what was Dallas Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway thinking when he gave Vick the key to the city? He says he was under the impression that he has the authority to give keys to the city, and he believes Vick has become a good role model.

“Since making some bad choices, Michael Vick has devoted time to speaking to children about staying in school, staying away from drugs, making positive choices about picking friends, and the importance of education,” Caraway said. “For those reasons, Michael Vick deserves such an action from my office.”

Whether you agree with Caraway on the merits or not, you have to question the politics of honoring the quarterback of the Eagles in the heart of Cowboys country.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #2

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

I'm pretty sure I could come up with a short list of much more qualified candidates ..... how's about every last man and woman serving in our armed forces!

That politician needs to be put into the private sector so that Darwinism can correct the balance of life!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 02-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Why would Dwaine Caraway go and do something like that? I'm not saying lets continue to hound this guy over his mistakes (see what I did there?), he paid his debt, but giving him keys to the city? Come on.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:10 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 966 Times on 599 Posts
Likes Given: 1866

Imho, Vick is a thug, and thugs always, sooner or later, revert to form. <See Tyson, Mike>

Old 02-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #5

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

I am with buck on this one. Look at 90% of the rap stars.

Ok vick payed his debt. Thats cool it is a free country and if I want to call him names like douche pile and toolshed and asshat I can. This idiot who gave him the key should be fired and kicked in the dam junk till it turns black and falls off. Then someone needs to sew it back on and kick it till it turns green and falls off then make him eat it on a sammich with Vegemite.