Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > what is the least destructive way to start a jeep

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 860 Times on 573 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Quote:
FYI- My dad locked his keys in his truck one day. I took down the serial number and went to a local lock smith. With just the serial number a lock smith that knows his stuff is able to cut you a new key. It cost me 20 dollars.Around here it is not a problem but in some parts of the country they do ask for proof that it is your vehicle.
I had to do that for my wife's '96 Toyota Tercel once. Although we went to the dealer, and it only cost $4 a key.

Seems like this may be a good place to add; For some reason I have always wanted a vehicle that started when you pressed a hidden ignition button or switch. Wouldn't that be cool?

Old 08-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1656 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I had to do that for my wife's '96 Toyota Tercel once. Although we went to the dealer, and it only cost $4 a key.

Seems like this may be a good place to add; For some reason I have always wanted a vehicle that started when you pressed a hidden ignition button or switch. Wouldn't that be cool?
I called the dealer first and they told me yes they could do it. When I got there and told the guy's behind the service counter what I was after they asked who told me that. I told them I didn't get his name. They laughed and said we don't even have a machine to cut keys. I told them when they figure out who the prankster is to tell the SOB he cost them any future sells and went to the lock smith.
When you get thru cutting up a vehicle to make it an offroad rig you usually
end up putting a push button starter, ignition cutout ,battery cutout or something to deter a thief. One of the coolest I ever did was under the edge of the seat so after you got in you reached just under the edge of the seat and pushed the button. There was a fuel pump toggle and an ignition toggle on the dash and a battery cutout under the dash.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #23
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt View Post

I called the dealer first and they told me yes they could do it. When I got there and told the guy's behind the service counter what I was after they asked who told me that. I told them I didn't get his name. They laughed and said we don't even have a machine to cut keys. I told them when they figure out who the prankster is to tell the SOB he cost them any future sells and went to the lock smith.
When you get thru cutting up a vehicle to make it an offroad rig you usually
end up putting a push button starter, ignition cutout ,battery cutout or something to deter a thief. One of the coolest I ever did was under the edge of the seat so after you got in you reached just under the edge of the seat and pushed the button. There was a fuel pump toggle and an ignition toggle on the dash and a battery cutout under the dash.
You got me daydreaming about where to put the ignition now. Lol

I don't need No stinking signature.