Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What has happened?!?!?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 347 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Default What has happened?!?!?!?!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/17/management-removes-american-flags-without-warning-korean-war-veteran-says/?test=latestnews

Management removes American flags without warning, Korean War veteran says

A Korean War vet living in a Georgia federally subsidized housing unit says his American flags were removed by building management without warning.

Armond "Sonny" Noah said his four American flags were taken from outside his home without notice, and that when he asked maintenance where the flags went, they didn’t have an answer.

“It was an honor for me to serve the country. And I was proud of that. I was a good soldier."
- Armond "Sonny" Noah

Noah said a management official left a phone message days later saying that they had his flags, and that he couldn’t place flags in the commons area, MyFoxAtlanta.com reported.

“I don’t think we should have to fight for the flag,” Noah told MyFoxAtlanta.com. “It was an honor for me to serve the country. And I was proud of that. I was a good soldier.”

A spokesperson for the DeKalb County residence said that the matter was mishandled and that they plan on issuing an apology to Noah.

Management said they hope to reach a compromise with Noah, MyFoxAtlanta.com reported.

What has happened to this country? I'm seeing more and more stories like this one. Since when was it wrong for people to display the flag of our nation, the United States of America, within our own country? It shouldn't matter where the flags are posted. As long as they're within the boundaries of this country, the flag should wave. It's crap like this that really pisses me off!!!!

NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3720 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post
What has happened to this country? I'm seeing more and more stories like this one. Since when was it wrong for people to display the flag of our nation, the United States of America, within our own country? It shouldn't matter where the flags are posted. As long as they're within the boundaries of this country, the flag should wave. It's crap like this that really pisses me off!!!!
I agree. Its BS.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 08-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19522 Times on 11081 Posts
Likes Given: 49157

a veteran flying an American flag. just how unpatriotic is that?

and was someone offended by his flying the American flag? and just who were they?

People Like This 
Old 08-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #4

Liked 2393 Times on 1362 Posts
Likes Given: 1881

Oh, is this nation's flag, for

which I gladly put my a$$ on the line,

a source of embarrassment to you?

THEN GET THE **** OUT OF MY

COUNTRY. TRY THAT SH!T IN KENYA,

OR FRANCE, YOU BIG PU$$%!

Old 08-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #5

Liked 348 Times on 246 Posts
Likes Given: 103

It could be worse, We can't even fly the flag of our country over the city hall in Belfast.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
It could be worse, We can't even fly the flag of our country over the city hall in Belfast.
Sounds like a poor show of patriotism. Why did they adopt such a law?
Old 08-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 762 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 786

Poltical correctness, will be the downfall of all,

God forbid that the flying of Old Glory, would offend someone.

As a vet from 1966-1968, I WILL fly my flags, even though I was spit on when I came home, I am proud to have served.

If we dont stick together and at least try to get the idiots outta Washinton DC, it aint gonna be pretty here.

Jim

People Like This 
Old 08-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #8

Liked 348 Times on 246 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Quote:
Sounds like a poor show of patriotism. Why did they adopt such a law
Good question there are two communities here with different Allegiances one to the united kingdom and one to the republic of Ireland. A vote was taken in Belfast city council to only fly the flag on designated days instead of every day as it has for the last 100 years. It has caused a few problems here keeping the police busy. You in America had similar problems between the north and south it took a civil war to sort it out, I am sure some in America still have allegiances to and fly the confederate flag. PS. The photos don't represent most of the country is a mostly peaceful place with the lowest crime rates in the UK.
89cdd7049df8c000250f6a7067005946.jpg   article-2261290-16e4b11c000005dc-641_634x401.jpg   1841957010.jpg  

Last edited by manta; 08-17-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta

Good question there are two communities here with different Allegiances one to the united kingdom and one to the republic of Ireland. A vote was taken in Belfast city council to only fly the flag on designated days instead of every day as it has for the last 100 years. It has caused a few problems here keeping the police busy. PS The photos don't represent most of the country is is a mostly peaceful place with the lowest crime rates in the UK.
We ran the British out of our country twice . And you can't even get that right .

I thinks it's BS about them taking down his flags !
I hope he sews them .

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #10
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 472 Times on 280 Posts
Likes Given: 2391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/17/management-removes-american-flags-without-warning-korean-war-veteran-says/?test=latestnews

Management removes American flags without warning, Korean War veteran says

A Korean War vet living in a Georgia federally subsidized housing unit says his American flags were removed by building management without warning.

Armond "Sonny" Noah said his four American flags were taken from outside his home without notice, and that when he asked maintenance where the flags went, they didn’t have an answer.

“It was an honor for me to serve the country. And I was proud of that. I was a good soldier."
- Armond "Sonny" Noah

Noah said a management official left a phone message days later saying that they had his flags, and that he couldn’t place flags in the commons area, MyFoxAtlanta.com reported.

“I don’t think we should have to fight for the flag,” Noah told MyFoxAtlanta.com. “It was an honor for me to serve the country. And I was proud of that. I was a good soldier.”

A spokesperson for the DeKalb County residence said that the matter was mishandled and that they plan on issuing an apology to Noah.

Management said they hope to reach a compromise with Noah, MyFoxAtlanta.com reported.

You got that right! It pisses me off too! I believe that if they don't like OUR flag, then they should move the hell out of the country!

Ken