Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What is happening to people?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 692 Times on 459 Posts
Likes Given: 703

Default What is happening to people?

Just found this on Craigslist, but I think it pretty much sums things up....
(I have no idea what a Wegmann's is, but how its described Im thinking a NY Wal-mart type store?)

Quote:
Let me preface by saying I've never posted anything on this section or any other section of Craigslist but I'm feeling very compelled to do so right now.

I just got back from a trip to Wegmans and am in awe at the current state/behaivor/mindset of "people". As I'm walking in, I go to grab a cart and notice three guys (late teens/early 20's) all standing together but on their cell phones texting and blocking the majortiy of carts. So I sidestep them and grab a cart from the sole lane they weren't blocking. I get my cart and proceed but I can't help but notice the people lined up to return bottles/cans. I'm not knocking them (I'm pro-recycle) but it looked like they literally crawled out of a dumpster and needed the deposit money to get through the night. I asked myself "why don't they just stop consuming this sugarwater and use the money for a necessity?" Then I realized Coke and Pepsi are a necessity for the majority of people in this country. I should also point out that each one was overweight (if not obese).

I get inside and start doing some shopping. The procuce section was the most "normal". I grabbed some apples, a few bananas, and some strawberries since it's that time of year. As I left the produce section, it started getting depressing. I see a kid poking his finger through a package of ground beef and laughing his cute little head off. I don't blame the kid (I did that once too when I was his age but my mother grabbed my hand and basically let me know if it ever happened again, I'd lose my hand). However, I DO blame his mother for not caring the least about her son destroying multiple packs of meat. She was actually entertained by his behaivor. So I grabbed some chicken breast and continued on. As I'm passing the "organic food" section, I hear two guys laughing hysterically so I walk back a few steps to see if George Carlin had risen from the dead doing one of his stand-up acts. Nope...wasn't him. The two guys were "tickling" each other. In laymans terms, they were a couple of gay guys. I'm not anti-gay, but it was just weird watching them be so flamoyant in public. Being "out" seems to be the "in" these days.

I get to the cereal isle and see a guy pushing around one of those carts that resembles a car for the kids to sit in. His gf/wife was about 10 feet away yelling out loudly which cereal he wanted. He had his back turned to her pushing the cart the opposite direction with the two kids screaming their heads off as he's looking at his cell phone. I stop at this point waiting for him to pass me but he's in the middle of the isle and knocks into my cart. One of the kids then throws a canned fruit. The guy stops looking at his phone and gives me this annoyed look as if it's my fault im in his lane. A fuse started to light up inside me. As he starts to move his cart back to the right side of the lane, I throw my shoulder into him and knock him off balance. He says "hey" but in a very non-threatening way, so I glace back and he looks away. His overweight gf didn't seem too pleased with me. I grabbed some Wegmans brand cereal with almonds (it's really good).

On to the next isle to get some pasta and sauce. I see a mom that resembles my math teacher in high school. Is it her? Can't be...nope, wasn't her but I instantly smile since I was very fond of my math teacher. She smiles back. Her daughter was next to her..I'd say she was 15 or 16. Lip peirced, glazed eyes, and of course TEXTING. The whole time, this girl is rolling her eyes and being dramatic. About what? Who knows. Most likely something to do with a text. I glance at her and she glances back at me really quickly and then looks back at her cell phone. For that split second when I was able to see her eyes, I felt a weight on my shoulders. This girl, along with the majority of people in the store, had severe mental issues.

What happened to these people? Is it the fluoridated tap water? The anti-depression medications? The fast food consumed on a daily basis? The chemicals in diet sodas and chewing gum? The constant need for people to feel "connected" by using a cell phone but really aren't connected to anything? Movies? Music? Reality televison? Lately, the majority of people I see look dead inside. Battered...beaten...tormented. SLAVES. I then ask myself, "What will these people do when civil unrest and social breakdowns occur in the not so distant future? It's going to be an ugly sight. Well, thank you for reading my thoughts (for anyone that made it to the end). Just the ramblings of a 30 year old male who's losing hope on "people".

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Doesn't that poster realize that some homeless people live off recycling money? There was this great lil old dude who would pick through the dumpster at an apartment complex i lived at in Memphis. He didn't look through mail, just for cans and stuff he could use or decorate his cart with. It wasn't long before most people were bagging their cans & such seperately to make them easier for him to pick. He seemed to have a regular route in that area. Good guy, IMO.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #3

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Wegmans is not NOT walmart.

Wegmans is a grocery store. It offers a tone of stuff. Good food at good prices.

My Wegmans is the preferred place to shop for the wife and I. I can get wegman branded stuff at the same price as great value and it taste better and is healthier than that gv crap.

That guy sounds like a DOUCHE BAG to me.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

1. The world is full of freaks and losers. It just is, so deal with it or go become a hermit.

2. Yes, there is a lack of civility and common sense. Has been for a long time. However sad it is, it is the way of the world. Just D E A L with it.

3. The sniveler is himself a loser and he sounds like a fop.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-02-2011, 02:41 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I truly think that peoples main malfunction is that people have no sense of shame anymore.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:17 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5244 Times on 2735 Posts
Likes Given: 330

i call the story a bs job. all that happening in ONE store... nope dont buy it.

wisconsin where i live atm has a larger than normal share of loons and that sort of stuff doesnt occur.

author sounds like an intolerant douche bag making crap up to feel good about his douchebaggery

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-02-2011, 04:14 AM   #7

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

It's what happens when their gene pool needs chlorine.

Is there a site called "The People of Wegmans"?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-02-2011, 04:47 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

First off not all homeless people are drugs users (I don't think anyone said it I'm just layin it down) some are just people down on there luck hard to forget the economy still really sucks. I really hate people who sit there and yell conversations (unless at the range with hearing protection in). When it comes to people standing in the way doing nothing of importance it annoys me. As for kids now a days it's a real shame what they have become, my cousin is only 13 she's acts like she's black and she is pasty white...

At this point in my life if it doesn't effect my family or me I try not to get involved unless it's major or harmful to others around me. As for the ignorance of others while it is harmful to everyone I can't really do too much about it.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 07-02-2011, 06:15 AM   #9
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7727 Times on 4460 Posts
Likes Given: 9960

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmille01 View Post
First off not all homeless people are drugs users (I don't think anyone said it I'm just layin it down) some are just people down on there luck hard to forget the economy still really sucks. I really hate people who sit there and yell conversations (unless at the range with hearing protection in). When it comes to people standing in the way doing nothing of importance it annoys me. As for kids now a days it's a real shame what they have become, my cousin is only 13 she's acts like she's black and she is pasty white...

At this point in my life if it doesn't effect my family or me I try not to get involved unless it's major or harmful to others around me. As for the ignorance of others while it is harmful to everyone I can't really do too much about it.
Ignorance is the basis for hatred.