What Happened to TV???? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What Happened to TV????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2014, 02:32 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 304 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I got one under a table leg at this very moment.
Don't let the texters see the book... They don't like books.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #52
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6326 Times on 3157 Posts
Likes Given: 6815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post

FOX started the trend toward using women in short skirts as sexual bait to get viewers . It is sleazy and looks silly when half-dressed women are sitting with a man in a suit .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPai0mkeaNQ

I watched it 5 times to see what was so offensive and I will have to say, Need more cowbell! Just kidding, I think I have to watch it a few more times...
Old 08-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #53

Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts

I quit watching TV in 1973

In 1968, the Major could not take Jeannies bottle into the bedroom, because a sexual relation without benefit of marriage could be implied. Barbara Eden knew this. Larry Hagman did not find out until they had a reunion years later. It just never occurred to him to do that, so nobody ever told him.

Now it's all alternate sexual behavior. Cold Cases about teenage boy kills teenage lesbian 50 years ago, the whole SVU thing, just wall to wall weird.

It seems to be driven by an agenda. you are a horrible oppressive judgmental human being if you don't support cross dressing scoutmasters who have had transgender surgery in three different directions.

The bad guys are people who I was raised to believe are good guys, the former good guys are jack booted racist oppressors, and the criminals are always heterosexual white males.

I read about 90 books a year.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:38 PM   #54

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by microadventure View Post
I quit watching TV in 1973

In 1968, the Major could not take Jeannies bottle into the bedroom, because a sexual relation without benefit of marriage could be implied. Barbara Eden knew this. Larry Hagman did not find out until they had a reunion years later. It just never occurred to him to do that, so nobody ever told him.

Now it's all alternate sexual behavior. Cold Cases about teenage boy kills teenage lesbian 50 years ago, the whole SVU thing, just wall to wall weird.

It seems to be driven by an agenda. you are a horrible oppressive judgmental human being if you don't support cross dressing scoutmasters who have had transgender surgery in three different directions.

The bad guys are people who I was raised to believe are good guys, the former good guys are jack booted racist oppressors, and the criminals are always heterosexual white males.

I read about 90 books a year.
At least one study indicates that T.V. trains young minds to receive information a certain way and makes it hard for those young minds to enjoy reading .

The key to getting people to read books is to make sure they get good books to read in the first place . Non-readers seem to assume that " a book is a book " . If someone starts off with a poorly-written book on a dull subject, he may be turned off to reading for life .
__________________________________________________ ____________
Why sit around the house watching T.V. when there is an entire Internet out there waiting to be explored ?
Old 08-17-2014, 01:42 PM   #55

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

"....Now it's all alternate sexual behavior... teenage lesbian... cross dressing scoutmasters who have had transgender surgery in three different directions..."

Not that there's anything wrong with...that !

Old 08-17-2014, 02:02 PM   #56
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6326 Times on 3157 Posts
Likes Given: 6815

what I normally watch has nothing to do with hot women but if I see one on the show, thats OK. A hot looking reporter showing a little leg certainly isnt offensive, a perv that takes the time to cull 5 frames of crochetalia shots from 100,000 frames is probably a bit freakier than her niceties at a glance! I get enough old wrinkly men in my life, do I really need more? (mostly when I look in the mirror!)

Trust me, I work on a University Campus that is 100% steep hill and Staircases, Mom and Dad are sending their 17 YO daughter to hump her books up a hill in much shorter skirts than the Foxy Reporters were wearing. Thats dangerous when Im walking up the stairs behind them, trip on my tongue, fall stumble on my own drool and drop expensive gear all because of a view that cant help but draw my eyes to what its showing when I should be minding the change in elevation instead!!!!