Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > what gun means the most to you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 03:07 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

My uncles Winchester 97 that he carried when teaching me to hunt. Wish I could have got his .25 Stevens Crackshot.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:18 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Beautiful transformation on that gun, CA357!!
Thanks Winds. It was shot out and beat, but the slide and frame were good and it had potential. I would have loved to just tweak it a bit and left its character intact, but it was too far gone.

I'd still love to pick up another 1911 in similar condition, but better mechanically. Then I could let it keep its patina of age.

One of these days...
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-04-2011, 04:23 AM   #23

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Thanks Winds. It was shot out and beat, but the slide and frame were good and it had potential. I would have loved to just tweak it a bit and left its character intact, but it was too far gone.

I'd still love to pick up another 1911 in similar condition, but better mechanically. Then I could let it keep its patina of age.

One of these days...
You mean, like this one?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-04-2011, 04:25 AM   #24

Liked 34 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

This one is because my beautiful children got it for me. I will keep it forever.

261.jpg  

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 01-04-2011, 04:27 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Rock, if I had that Colt, it would still look like that.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-04-2011, 04:37 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Rock, if I had that Colt, it would still look like that.
It always will.

Someone tried to get me to have it restored about 24 years ago, but I told him he was crazy. It is all original and is 100% reliable with all types of ammo. It even cycled and fed the old crimped Remington shotshells perfectly.

I have the original stocks for it, but liked the 1911 diamond patterns that I found at a gun show for $3.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-04-2011, 05:20 AM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
You mean, like this one?

That gun is beautiful. I saw one similar to that from I think 43 for 1,500 or so.
When I get a 1911 I want it to look like yours.
Quick question though.... do you shoot it much or is it pretty much a novelty piece?

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 01-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #28

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Colt New Frontier.

Dad bought it new back in '68. Got broke and pawned it in early 80's. Uncle owned the pawnshop. Dad didn't pay and it got sold. Uncle was also owned lots of rentals, and was a deputy sheriff. He got called on a housefire, happened to be one of his rentals. And in the burned out kitchen, under the table laid this Colt. Turned out to be dad's, so the department released it to my uncle, who replaced the melted grips and gave it back to my dad.

I got it my 16th birthday. I've dropped it while practicing my quick draw shortly after he gave it to me. Broke the grip frame where it fastens under the hammer. Dropped it on my carpeted bedroom floor. Spent 14 months to find a new one. Firing pin broke in the late 90's. Just found another one about 4 years ago.

Its not beautiful, been in a fire, rode In the truck in the oil fields for years, been shot at least a half a million times.

But its mine.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviorslegacy View Post
That gun is beautiful. I saw one similar to that from I think 43 for 1,500 or so.
When I get a 1911 I want it to look like yours.
Quick question though.... do you shoot it much or is it pretty much a novelty piece?
I used to shoot it, but have not fired it in 10-12 years. Not because I'm saving it, just because I have a lot of guns and don't have time to shoot them all.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 01-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #30

My first rifle, the .22 my grandpa gave me. The M16A2 I was assigned at Parris Island. And the Ar I built with the help of my old man.