Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   What gun do you show your daughter's boyfriend? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/what-gun-do-you-show-your-daughters-boyfriend-74086/)

daxma6270 10-10-2012 07:08 PM

What gun do you show your daughter's boyfriend?

I dread having kids because if I have a daughter then I know I'm gonna spend money to buy an intimidating gun to show the boyfriend what he'll be facing if he ever hurts her. My gun of choice would wither be my .45 cal 1911 whenever I get it or maybe my 12 gauge shotgun.

So if you all have any girls or plan on having one what gun would/did you show her new boyfriend?

JTJ 10-10-2012 07:12 PM

The white shotgun??;)

drvsafe 10-10-2012 07:15 PM

Ha! I keep joking that my guns will be soooo clean once my daughter starts dating. I plan on coincidentally be cleaning my guns any time a boy comes to pick my daughter up, and she's a pretty girl, so no doubt that will be often...

orangello 10-10-2012 07:17 PM

THANK YOU TROJAN!!! :D

Were i to be in that unfortunate situation, i would use my SKS with the spikey bayonet.

Dillinger 10-10-2012 07:24 PM

Orangello beat me to it, Thank You Trojan - for I shall NEVER have to ask myself this question.

I have always felt the most starting thing is when you see a mass of anything that surprises you.

Guy invites you over and though he never mentions hunting his entire house looks like a zoo with all the mounted heads.

In that vein I suggest a talk with the young lad in front of the gun safe.

While a den with oak and glass cabinets, green felt lining and just the right touch of light, displaying all my weapons from various eras would be the perfect setting. :cool:

orangello 10-10-2012 07:29 PM

I seriously remember one girl's dad telling her to call "Jamie the Police Chief down the street" about babysitting as we were about to leave. No hidden messages there, LOL.

armed1212 10-10-2012 07:37 PM

Well my wife fathet tryed that one but didnt work on me cause I ending up know more about guns then him n now he call me for advise. On the other hand I have a lil girl n all guns my be out on the table, or maybe the part in badboys 2 with Will smith n Martin.

JD1969 10-10-2012 07:44 PM

Easy answer, Smith and Wesson .500 Magnum

levelcross 10-10-2012 07:47 PM

Oh the memories :):):)

They got greeted at the door with a different gun every time they came over (a big thank you to several friends) so they really had no idea how many guns I had. One boy (for lack of better words) actually had his name written on a bullet and put up on the mantle. He never came back after that and told everyone at his school that so and so's dad was a psycho. I took that as a complement.

In all honesty raise them as best as you can and pray that they make good decisions.....and never ever date a boy like me.

Overkill0084 10-10-2012 07:52 PM

To me, nothing says cranky (and potentially dangerous) old bastard like a side by side shotgun. Bib overalls are optional. ;)