Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   What is the Greatest War Movie of All Time???... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/what-greatest-war-movie-all-time-51606/)

LONGHAIR 11-11-2011 06:51 PM

What is the Greatest War Movie of All Time???...

I'm watching Tora,Tora,Tora ...Not saying that's the best of all time but it's real good....Anybody Have a Favorite they like???...

fmj 11-11-2011 06:56 PM

F.M.J. Is pretty good (Full Metal Jacket)

But i gotta go with Band Of Brothers....last night i see where they have a collectors edition with all 5 original shows WITH B.O.B. PACIFIC edition. I hope satan claws is feeling generous :D

dog2000tj 11-11-2011 06:59 PM

Where does one begin? ... We Were Soldiers, Band of Brothers, the Pacific, Patton, Kelley's Heroes, Black Hawk Down, Memphis Belle, Schindler's List, Defiance, Big Red One, Red Dawn, A bridge too Far and the list could go on and on ...

1 movie I would add to the list even though it is science fiction is Battle Los Angeles.

fmj 11-11-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 625126)
Where does one begin? ... We Were Soldiers, Band of Brothers, the Pacific, Patton, Kelley's Heroes, Black Hawk Down, Memphis Belle, Schindler's List, Defiance, Big Red One, Red Dawn, A bridge too Far and the list could go on and on ...

1 movie I would add to the list even though it is science fiction is Battle Los Angeles.

We were soldiers and Black hawk down as good as they are do little but PIZZ ME OFF TO NO END!!! I guess thats a testament to the quality...Big red one is pretty dern awesome in its own right.

RED DAWN!!! Road House was on the other night and the wife and I were trying to name off all the GREAT, quality movies Patrick Swayze played in and for whatever reasons Red Dawn didnt come up....not for lack of quality...but simply the list is SO long!

dunerunner 11-11-2011 07:16 PM

A few of my faves....

The Longest Day
Bataan
The Great Escape
The Eagle Has Landed
To Hell and Back

CA357 11-11-2011 07:36 PM

"The Big Red One" is right up there in my book. There are too many that are outstanding to just name one. Most of my favorites have already been noted.

I also nominate "Glory" and "The Patriot".

12fretter 11-11-2011 08:16 PM

Saving Private Ryan
Where Eagles Dare
Great Escape
Apocalypse Now
Uncommon Valor

CarlsbadRanger06 11-11-2011 08:16 PM

Red Dawn, We Were Soldiers (although my Uncle says it was little off ;) ).

"The Hurt Locker" made a couple good points but really pissed me off! In real life Johnny Five and CSAMM gets used to detonate IEDs toooooooo much to lose some dumbass because he walked right up on a hot 155mm round!

texaswoodworker 11-11-2011 08:21 PM

Saving private Ryan, We were soldiers, Pearl harbor, FMJ, just to name a few.

PanBaccha 11-11-2011 08:34 PM

The Dirty Dozen

The Great Escape

Platoon
:)