Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What the .gov does not want us to know..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What the .gov does not want us to know..

I found this on another site, I have my own opinion on the validity of the material but I'd like to hear what you all have to say.

Thoughts?

-Peter

"The will of the people is the only legitimate foundation of any government, and to protect its free expression should be our first object."
-Thomas Jefferson

NRA Member

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-06-2008, 10:54 PM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Zeitgeist? Seriously? Seems like a giant load of crap produced by foil helmet wearing mouth breathers.

I've got a bridge to sell you if you still believe that 9/11 was an inside job.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:23 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

*yawn*

Lou Dobbs, of CNN, is the only reporter who has heard of it and is brave enough to talk about it? Really? Lou Dobbs? The same Lou Dobbs who pretty much has made his millions on TV talking about nothing BUT immigration issues?

Let me ask this, why would Canada want to join the North American Union? Nobody wants to invade Canada. The "average" Canadian citizen wants nothing to do with people from the US because we are "warmongers".

You think the province of Quebec is going to put up with joining the US in anything?! They tried to succeed from their own country for crying out loud!

I can't honestly see this being a real issue. I especially refuse to believe that if this is true, NO ONE on the Right is talking about this, except Lou Dobbs?!? C'mon. Take a look at all the talking heads out there that would sell their mother's for a headline story.

I can spend this weekend splicing some video clips together put forth the same truth that we are going to be invaded by aliens from Mars, but that doesn't necessarily make it true....

JD

Old 06-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
*yawn*

Lou Dobbs, of CNN, is the only reporter who has heard of it and is brave enough to talk about it?
Actually, a number of people have brought this up; Lou Dobbs is hardly the first. Phyllis Schlafly, Jerome Corsi, Tom Tancredo and others have been more than a little concerned.

The SPP is quite real. And very recently, a military agreement was signed between the U.S. and Canada allowing the armed forces from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a domestic civil emergency [that concerns me], even one that does not involve a cross-border crisis.

It is undeniably true that Article IV Section 4 of the Constitution is being ignored by the Executive branch, not to mention immigration laws.

The SPP may be nothing more than an agreement to essentially secure all of North America from attack. Or, it could be the pretext to a European-style North American Union.

Would I put it past our government to try to eliminate our borders? Not at all.

Would such a plan work? Not today, no. As you say, Canadians, Quebecois and Americans don't want anything more to do with each other than to grudgingly be polite neighbors.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Actually, a number of people have brought this up; Lou Dobbs is hardly the first. Phyllis Schlafly, Jerome Corsi, Tom Tancredo and others have been more than a little concerned.

The SPP is quite real. And very recently, a military agreement was signed between the U.S. and Canada allowing the armed forces from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a domestic civil emergency [that concerns me], even one that does not involve a cross-border crisis.

It is undeniably true that Article IV Section 4 of the Constitution is being ignored by the Executive branch, not to mention immigration laws.

The SPP may be nothing more than an agreement to essentially secure all of North America from attack. Or, it could be the pretext to a European-style North American Union.

Would I put it past our government to try to eliminate our borders? Not at all.

Would such a plan work? Not today, no. As you say, Canadians, Quebecois and Americans don't want anything more to do with each other than to grudgingly be polite neighbors.
Interesting. I hadn't heard much about this, and after reading TS's post, I did a quick search and didn't come across a hell of a lot. I Apologize and yield to your obvious expertise in this area.

Nothing would surprise me anymore - so it's entirely possible, but as we seem to agree, the people on both sides of the border wouldn't be happy about it. The only people who would probably be thrilled would be those of the Mexican community on both sides of our Southern Border.

JD

Old 06-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
The only people who would probably be thrilled would be those of the Mexican community on both sides of our Southern Border.

JD
You mean the coyotes and drug dealers. No more immigration and border enforcement to worry about.

The whole idea sounds crazy, and there are many people I respect in the internet community who dismiss the idea of the NAU. I certainly wouldn't want it, and I don't think it will happen, but I agree with the first part of the video where the narrator says that the people are being kept in the dark. The press says nothing, the government says nothing, and NGOs say nothing publicly about it.

I believe there are people inside and outside of the government and our "opinion leaders" who hate America and what it stands for. These people are evil and would do anything to destroy what we have. As for a global government, I don't think it's necessarily that they believe in something like that, and even work for it concertedly. How would working for a world government be of any use to those people who supposedly started the ball rolling in the late nineteenth century? They, Gramsci, the Rothschilds, the Warburgs, the Rockefellers are all dead. What does it profit them? Nothing. Now, that doesn't mean that the America haters here and the freedom haters across the globe wouldn't welcome such a government. They believe themselves superior to the rest of their fellow human beings and believe they have a right to absolute rule because of their schooling, or breeding, or because they are famous and successful in their field. I just don't think there is a world wide conspiracy to do it. People from other countries and cultures can still hate the "other" enough not to co-operate on an undertaking of this magnitude. And something like this is a huge project.

9x18=Makarov

Old 06-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
You mean the coyotes and drug dealers. No more immigration and border enforcement to worry about.
Not just them. Think of all the illegals already here that will be able to now travel back and forth from here to home to see their relatives south of the border. Half of Kalifornia will have a long weekend exedous if this were to ever actually take hold. The southern half of your poor state might come to grinding halt for a few days if the borders opened up to allow unrestricted Travel there Scott.

On top of that, the influx of people from south of the border will make it that much easier to "open the flood gates" to an even greater influx of cheap labor.

Assuming this were to come about. NOW the problem becomes - what about the South of Mexico? Do we just keep annexing right down to the tip of South America? Because I can't see all the drug cartels and other "illegal" enterprises having THAT tough of a time slipping into the South of Mexico and driving right on through to the suburbs of the US.

JD

Old 06-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah it's gonna happen, I've known about this for about 6 months. I guess i assumed everyone here knew about it. You guys really need to do some hard research on this.
maybe start by googleing AMERO that is gonna be the currency we'll be useing

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 06-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
Yeah it's gonna happen, I've known about this for about 6 months. I guess i assumed everyone here knew about it. You guys really need to do some hard research on this.
maybe start by googleing AMERO that is gonna be the currency we'll be useing
Seriously? Six months? Just like Y2K or the world coming to an end in 2007? How do you even believe that this could happen? I'll revisit this thread in 6 months and see how many Ameros are in your wallet.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

[QUOTE=matt g;27078]Seriously? Six months? Just like Y2K or the world coming to an end in 2007? How do you even believe that this could happen? I'll revisit this thread in 6 months and see how many Ameros are in your wallet.

The falling economy is being done deliberately to make sure all the people go along with it. If the united states economy fails we'll be begging for releif of some sort

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)