What Got You Interested in Guns? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What Got You Interested in Guns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 12:13 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I started with a BB gun at age 7 and graduated to a 22 at 10, buy the time I hit 12 I had a 20 gauge and a 12 gauge at 15. I spent most of my summers shooting squirrels and anything else I could with my 22 if I wasn’t fishing. As a freshman at my high school military academy I joined the rifle and pistol club and made the rifle team and competed in NRA bull’s-eye competition. I spent the next 35 years doing anything I could with guns. I was on the 1975 Military Airlift Command Security Police rifle/pistol team and attended the 1975world shoot. Started IPSC in 1984 and shot for 4 years before being hired by Customs. I still have a love for guns.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:28 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

my father.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 04-22-2010, 12:32 AM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

A 4am rap at my daughter's bedroom window....

9x18=Makarov

Old 04-22-2010, 12:40 AM   #14

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

My Dad and grandfather bought me my first gun on my 4th birthday, it was a BB gun and then they gave me my first .22 lr at the same time but I could not shoot that unless one of them was with me. But the BB gun I could shoot all I wanted and everything was fair game

Old 04-22-2010, 12:51 AM   #15

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post

The birth of my daughter did it for me. I want to be able to protect her from the worst evil in the world.

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 04-22-2010, 01:09 AM   #16

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Dad passed away when I was two, so no real role model influence. I was at a YMCA summer camp that had a 22 range when I was 10 or 11. At 15 mom was given a couple of 22 rifles. (the pep boys 22 I still have) Then at 21 a friend and I got 9 mm handguns to shoot with our 22s. Out of the sport and much of life for about 25 years. Then Obama. Been buying and very active since.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 04-22-2010, 01:32 AM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post
The birth of my daughter did it for me. I want to be able to protect her from the worst evil in the world.
You can do that by voting for the R candidate in 2012....

9x18=Makarov

Old 04-22-2010, 01:40 AM   #18

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

When I was like 11 or so I started to go to the range with my dad... and it was the funniest experience ever... then I started to go out and hunt rabbits with some friends so I became more interested...
Because I studied in a school 2 blocks away from the local army base, most of my classmates were sons and daughters of military... so used I shoot a lot during those days... FAL, MP5, UZI, Browning HP, Valtro shotguns, Sig P226, AR, AK, M1 carbine, FN49 and much more...
when I could afford my first own gun (Bersa Thunder 380) I was in love with guns already...

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 04-22-2010, 04:06 AM   #19

My dad and his guns. It always facinated me. When he took me for the first time to the shooting range I absolutly LOVED it. Been hooked since.

Nut up or Shut up!

Old 04-22-2010, 05:04 AM   #20

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
My dad is a cop, so my sister and I grew up shooting. He once heard her open her window to let some cool air in at around 1am, he scared the hell out of her when he kicked the door in 2 seconds later, gun drawn and hollering orders at the window. Better safe than sorry, but the door wouldn't have agreed.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Last edited by TheDaggle; 04-22-2010 at 05:08 AM.