In What ERA would you have liked to live???... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > In What ERA would you have liked to live???...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 02:33 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 744 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i would like to go back to 1986. had a good time and the music didnt suck.
I grew up listening to the 80s big hair rock n roll, my parents have a massive cassette collection ratt/poison/def leppard/ motley crue/whitesnake/journey/guns n roses/van halen/bon jovi/reo speedwagon/zz top/foreigner/ etc. The list goes on and on, that must have been a great decade to be a teenager, great stuff !!!!!

Old 11-14-2011, 02:42 AM   #12

Oh, i cant believe i almost almost forgot the SCORPIONS, they are one fo my favorites. On the bright side some of these old time jammers are still alive, you can catch a show at a county fair, or carshow, but probaly not the same. I seen foghat , and pat benatar at a car show a couple years back.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
The 1870's and 1880's. Some of the most iconic firearms in American history came out in those two periods; The Colt Single Action Army, Winchester 1873, Springfield Trapdoor, Winchester 1886, Sharps 1874, Coach Guns, you name it. There's something very special and almost romantic about those firearms and cartridges like the .45 Colt, 45-70 Government, 44-40 WCF, and the Sharps cartridges.
I agree, thats why i like to watch western movies, and sometimes will pick up a gun magazine if it has an article in it about a wild west firearm. i have had my eye on a 44cal black powder reproduction revolver at the gun store for a while. I like the process of how you load them, and would like to shoot one. but the guy at the gunshop said you need to immediately take them apart,scrub them down, and bake them in the oven after shooting, will get one some day ,when i have time for all of that. I have a nice marlin 30-30 lever action that i love to shoot, would like to have an old winchester someday, but those things cost more than a new car LOL....

Old 11-14-2011, 03:41 AM   #14

And my husband already calls me a "RIGHT WING-GUN NUT" so if he finds guns in the oven, that might push him over the edge LOL....

Old 11-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
I agree, thats why i like to watch western movies, and sometimes will pick up a gun magazine if it has an article in it about a wild west firearm. i have had my eye on a 44cal black powder reproduction revolver at the gun store for a while. I like the process of how you load them, and would like to shoot one. but the guy at the gunshop said you need to immediately take them apart,scrub them down, and bake them in the oven after shooting, will get one some day ,when i have time for all of that. I have a nice marlin 30-30 lever action that i love to shoot, would like to have an old winchester someday, but those things cost more than a new car LOL....
One of these days I'd like to get a Marlin 336. Actually the Winchester model 1894 isn't that expensive, unless you buy a brand new one that is. I think my cousin bought his for around $450-$500. I hear ya about the .44 caliber black powder revolvers. The next best thing to getting a Colt Single Action Army is getting a single action black powder revolver IMO. I also really like the black powder rifles like the Springfield 1861 rifled musket and the 1858 Enfield rifled musket.

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 11-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1018 Times on 494 Posts
Likes Given: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
One of these days I'd like to get a Marlin 336.
I just bought one from my 83 year old neighbor, along with his first box of Federal ammo with three rounds missing, for $250. Even had a little Tasco scope on it. Almost pristine. I would like to re-live the late '40's and '50's but I would like to live in the era of my grandfathers, around the turn of the 20th century.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #17

Liked 901 Times on 573 Posts
Likes Given: 1017

You cant go wrong with a 336! I actually prefer the Marlins over the Winchesters.... The actions seem to be slightly smoother to me...

I happen to have a 112 year old Winchester thats looking for a new owner.....

Old 11-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6578 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

There are four times in history that I would love to visit (not stay forever, but maybe a few weeks)

Around 27-30 AD. I think it would be amazing to see Jesus' miracles from the bible first hand.

1861-1865 I'm really interested in the Civil War

1873-1886 The peak of the cowboy era. Guns, whiskey, and open trails.

1939-1945 WWII. Another war that I am interested in.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I'd give up ten years of my life to live ONE FULL YEAR again in the SIXTIES!

Old 11-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #20

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I could not choose, but by all means I'd love to live in a simpler time. Much further back than anyone else has mentioned, like late medieval era or early renaissance, before guns were common, when a man lived and died by the dirt on his plow, the sweat on his back, and the blood on his blade.

Unlike many here, I don't really like guns, at least in the same way that many do. I think guns are necessary, and I enjoy the history behind many of them, and for self defense/sporting/hunting/collecting purposes I keep one and always will. They are a more efficient tool. The thing is, a person has to be able to defend themselves in the most effective way they can, and a well balanced rapier is trumped by an illegally owned gun in the hands of a criminal.

I don't own guns for their capacity to kill/defend, or for their knockdown power when hunting, but because when you allow the criminal element to have a bigger stick, that's when your doing it wrong.