You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

What a dumba**....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2015, 01:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3961 Times on 1991 Posts
Likes Given: 6583

Default What a dumba**....

Virginia Governor McAuliffe was just on MSNBC talking about hoW he recently banned firearms from all State bldgs..WHY WOULD YOU WANT THE WHOLE WORLD TO KNOW THAT.....? How would u like to be one of the 60,000 State employees that has just been ADVERTISED.. as "a large number of defenseless people in a confined space"...? As far as i'm concerned...if something happens ..He is 100% responsible, for 2 reasons.....

Last edited by rn-cindy; 11-03-2015 at 01:25 AM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-03-2015, 01:28 AM   #2
That looks like it hurt
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1783 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 1420

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
Virginia Governor McAuliffe was just on MSNBC talking about hoW he recently banned firearms from all State bldgs..WHY WOULD YOU WANT THE WHOLE WORLD TO KNOW THAT.....? How would u like to be one of the 60,000 State employees that has just been ADVERTISED.. as "a large number of defenseless people in a confined space"...? As far as i'm concerned...if something happens ..He is 100% responsible, for 2 reasons.....
You know McAuliffe worked for the Clinton's and Obama's right? This is NO surprise from the Lefty architect......

People Like This 
Old 11-03-2015, 01:29 AM   #3

Liked 188 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I thought your story was gunna be like this
http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/2015/11/02/bullet-hits-2-gun-show-expo-idaho/75063900/
People Like This 
Old 11-03-2015, 01:57 AM   #4

Liked 2254 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 842

Politicians aren't the smartest people around
People Like This 
Old 11-03-2015, 02:30 AM   #5
Forum Chaplain

Liked 1991 Times on 1260 Posts
Likes Given: 1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnelli View Post
You know we continually have to police our own as we keep SHOOTING OURSELVES IN THE FOOT when it comes to PROPER gun control (shooting safely and efficiently) and good gun handling (nobody getting hurt).
I'm NOT sorry for the puns.
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Prv. 27:17
People Like This 
Old 11-03-2015, 02:51 AM   #6

Liked 3946 Times on 1769 Posts
Likes Given: 3569

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbrownsr View Post
You know we continually have to police our own as we keep SHOOTING OURSELVES IN THE FOOT when it comes to PROPER gun control (shooting safely and efficiently) and good gun handling (nobody getting hurt).
Not buying into that Art. I'm not responsible for what other people do. If a cop goes rogue that doesn't make all of them bad. Same goes for gun owners, or anything else. 10's of thousands of people die every year in this country from automobile crash's, we don't blame the drivers that didn't cause any.

Not only are we not responsible for the actions of others but we have no authority to police them. Suppose you see some guy mishandling a fire arm, you instruct him on proper and safe gun handling, he tells you to piss off. Now what?
People Like This 
Old 11-03-2015, 02:59 AM   #7

Liked 188 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Leave the gun show loop hole in place..........it will solve it self !!!

Old 11-03-2015, 03:06 AM   #8
Forum Chaplain

Liked 1991 Times on 1260 Posts
Likes Given: 1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Not buying into that Art. I'm not responsible for what other people do. If a cop goes rogue that doesn't make all of them bad. Same goes for gun owners, or anything else. 10's of thousands of people die every year in this country from automobile crash's, we don't blame the drivers that didn't cause any.

Not only are we not responsible for the actions of others but we have no authority to police them. Suppose you see some guy mishandling a fire arm, you instruct him on proper and safe gun handling, he tells you to piss off. Now what?
If I'm at a range I speak to the RSO, If I'm at a gun show I speak to one of the organizers. I'M NOT BASHFUL. If it is a one on one ( it has happened, this is NOT SUPPOSITION ) I walk away and hope I get clear before it goes off!
My son and I were out shooting with his friend and his friends dad. The other boys gun was a .22 semiauto feed into the butt 15+ rnds. after several rounds of plinking bottles and shot gun shells, he loaded up and just spun around 360 degree shooting at a 45 degree angle WITH OUT LOOKING where he was aiming just as fast as he could pull the trigger. Our make shift range overlooked the KNIK Arm near Chugiak airport Less than a 1/4 mile behind us Summer time Private planes, and UltraLights I expressed the wrong and walked away and was starting to walk home 3 miles away when the dad asked what the problem was. on my explaining it, he saw nothing wrong but went ahead and took my son and I home. I NEVER SHOT WITH HIM AGAIN 18 years ago.
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Prv. 27:17

Last edited by artbrownsr; 11-03-2015 at 03:15 AM.

Old 11-03-2015, 04:29 AM   #9

Liked 3946 Times on 1769 Posts
Likes Given: 3569

Quote:
If I'm at a range I speak to the RSO, If I'm at a gun show I speak to one of the organizers. I'M NOT BASHFUL. If it is a one on one ( it has happened, this is NOT SUPPOSITION ) I walk away and hope I get clear before it goes off!
My son and I were out shooting with his friend and his friends dad. The other boys gun was a .22 semiauto feed into the butt 15+ rnds. after several rounds of plinking bottles and shot gun shells, he loaded up and just spun around 360 degree shooting at a 45 degree angle WITH OUT LOOKING where he was aiming just as fast as he could pull the trigger. Our make shift range overlooked the KNIK Arm near Chugiak airport Less than a 1/4 mile behind us Summer time Private planes, and UltraLights I expressed the wrong and walked away and was starting to walk home 3 miles away when the dad asked what the problem was. on my explaining it, he saw nothing wrong but went ahead and took my son and I home. I NEVER SHOT WITH HIM AGAIN 18 years ago.
That's great but it didn't stop anything and it still doesn't make you or anyone else responsible. You can't fix stupid and we aren't allowed to kill it, the best we can do is stay away from it and let stupid kill itself.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:26 AM   #10
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 14123 Times on 5968 Posts
Likes Given: 2343

Ref Gov. McAwful- one of the Very good things about Virginia- the Governor is NOT allowed to succeed himself. He serves 4 years, and then goes away. In the past 100 years there has been ONE man that served 4 years, stepped down, and 4 years later ran and was elected to a second term.

Re: Making state offices gun free zones- I am waiting for the court case. Virginia law establishes limits on where a Concealed Carry licensee can carry. The Gov. cannot change State law by decree or Executive Order. I have carried in the Va. State Capitol bldg., with the knowledge of the Capitol Police.

People Like This