What does your Avatar & Screen Name mean? - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

What does your Avatar & Screen Name mean?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

El Guapo: I am soooo handsome! And for those of you who don't know, that is the Green Bastard from Trailer Park Boys, one of the funniest damn shows I have ever watched!

Old 11-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #72

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06 View Post
Those are awesome choppers! I've always wanted to fly one. I've flown multiple Huey's, a decommissioned Chinook, and others.

We're you a Marine Corp or Army pilot?
Army all the way! Cobras are (ok, were) the Cadilac of helicopters. Smooth as silk and completely acrobatic (ok, for the most part anyway).
Old 11-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #73

Wow... I've done this before on other sites, but I might as well do it here.

In 1983, I had a Commodore VIC20 with a 300bps cradle modem. I begged my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and a few folks I convinced were related to me for money. I scraped up $40 and paid for a lifetime membership to CompuServe. The "internet" back then was several stand-alone computers that operated BBS's (bulletin board systems). Because connections were made with phone lines, connections to a lot of BBS's were "timed". Offline readers (such as BlueWave) were very popular. Blue Wave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On bulletin boards and on FidoNet, we had "handles"... which later became known as "screen names." On those old BBS systems and on FidoNet, my "handle" was "Badger." I used Badger for YEARS until the early '90s when the "internet" became more mainstream. I started using mIRC on more "full-time" connections. There was another "badger" already there, so I had to pick another handle. I picked "hydrashok" out of a law enforcement magazine, and have been using it ever since. I even registerd the domain hydrashok.com... before registering the domain, I created a personal webpage called "Hydrashok's Gun Lovers' Page" on Angelfire.

I blogged on the site for a long time, but right now, the domain is just kinda sittin' there doing nothing.

My avatar is my company logo.

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 11-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #74
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2479 Times on 1329 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
In 1983, I had a Commodore VIC20 with a 300bps cradle modem. I begged my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and a few folks I convinced were related to me for money. I scraped up $40 and paid for a lifetime membership to CompuServe. The "internet" back then was several stand-alone computers that operated BBS's (bulletin board systems).
That sounds familiar. My first was the Commodore 64.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 11-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #75

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver

Army all the way! Cobras are (ok, were) the Cadilac of helicopters. Smooth as silk and completely acrobatic (ok, for the most part anyway).
Cobras really are awesome birds.

Id really like to fly one. I'd REALLY like to try my stick on an Apache Longbow.

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton
shadecorp Likes This 
Old 11-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #76

Liked 45 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I am a graduate of Boise State University. Their football field is well-known because it is blue and that is where I get my screen name from. My avatar is a pic I took, which is my way of saying our flag and country is worth defending.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:06 AM   #77

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 9

My screen name, Fapprez, was a typo. I used to be the president of a car club for foreign cars, Foreign Affairs. The "FA" in my screen name stands for foreign affairs. The "PPrez" stood for me being the president of the club. The second P came from not paying attention.

The avatar is a WWII bring back of my grandfathers. It's a browning .32 auto. He was a machine gunner for the Army and carried a BAR. He was on a foot patrol and turned the corner to walk down an alley. At that same time, a feller from the 2nd Waffen turned the corner at the other end. Upon recognising that they were each foe, they both pulled their weapon. The Kraut had to unholster his. My grandfather only had to raise the barrel and touch the trigger, which he did long before the pistol cleared leather. The officer had barely unsnapped his holster when he dropped. My grandpa Jack pulled the pistol and holster from it's previous owner and brought it home with him. It has 2nd waffen marks stamped into it in 4 places. 2 on the frame and 2 on the slide. Love that gun.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:03 AM   #78

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts

WD are first and last initials.
beej is family nickname

been using this screen name since early AOL days (cannot remember my Compuserve screenname)

Avatar is a Southpark self representation avatar I created. Have to say it is much better looking than I am in real life.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #79
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 880 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 3160

Don't mean a thing.
Had to have a screen name.
Saw this on a box.
The avatar,
God Bless our Troops.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #80

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My Screen Name results from having my first couple of choices rejected as already in use... so I got ticked off and decided that I would use something that nobody else would be using. It suits my devilish sense of humor along with my overwhelming and irresistable desire to irritate the bible thumpers who get uptight and bent-out-of-shape!!! My Avatar just goes with the name.