What does your Avatar & Screen Name mean? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

What does your Avatar & Screen Name mean?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Not a damn thing.

OPSEC "rules" for forums, blogs or chat- OSPA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #32

Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I’ve done this before also but willing to do it again for the new people..

I’m an adrenalin junkie and have been for as long as I can remember but I don’t like just normal everyday excitement I like living on the edge…

My name is Dzscubie

DZ = Drop Zone for my love of skydiving (better than sex and last
longer)

Scubie = A nick name given to me at the drop zone because of my
love of SCUBA. I’v been a diver for over 37 years. I
stopped logging dives in 1985 and had 2,500 dives then, I
don’t know how many I have now.

Scubie

Old 07-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #33

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGO View Post
I've done this before but I'll do it again.
CGO stands for California Girl in Oklahoma.
The avatar is my hand/foot print on Pebble Beach that I love going to every year.
And now you have a TON of new friend requests from your male forum members.

You have tiny feet.

JD

Old 07-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I breathe fire, kinda like a side show freak but cooler.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #35

Gus: A nickname given to me by fellow RIT team members years ago.
556: My favorite all purpose round 5.56mm

Avatar: Usually something I find particularly funny or something with a good summary of my political views.
"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 07-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #36
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Mine is code to where I hid the gold.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #37
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Seriously!?

And right now it's a hold over from a Memorial Day avatar tribute. (but that is subject to change without notice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Mine is code to where I hid the gold.
Which mean he did not hide in the dku. You'll have to figure out the rest.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #38
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus556 View Post
Gus: A nickname given to me by fellow RIT team members years ago.
RIT? Rochester Institute of Technology? Or a different RIT? Just curious.

bkt - my initials. I swear I'm not a dyslexic btk killer freak.

avatar - reference to a "Three Percenter" or "threeper". If you know what that is, stop reading now. If you don't know and you care, here's the deal:

During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Three Percenters today do not claim that we represent 3% of the American people, although we might. That theory has not yet been tested. We DO claim that we represent at least 3% of American gun owners, which is still a healthy number somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 million people. History, for good or ill, is made by determined minorities. We are one such minority. So too are the current enemies of the Founders' Republic. What remains, then, is the test of will and skill to determine who shall shape the future of our nation.

The Three Percent today are gun owners who will not disarm, will not compromise and will no longer back up at the passage of the next gun control act. Three Percenters say quite explicitly that we will not obey any futher circumscription of our traditional liberties and will defend ourselves if attacked. We intend to maintain our God-given natural rights to liberty and property, and that means most especially the right to keep and bear arms. Thus, we are committed to the restoration of the Founders' Republic, and are willing to fight, die and, if forced by any would-be oppressor, to kill in the defense of ourselves and the Constitution that we all took an oath to uphold against enemies foreign and domestic.

We are the people that the collectivists who now control the government should leave alone if they wish to continue unfettered oxygen consumption. We are the Three Percent. Attempt to further oppress us at your peril. To put it bluntly, leave us the hell alone.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #39

hmm, my name is just the same name i've always used from forum to forum and its just stuck, i'e had it for many years now and i don't remember why i made it lol.

my avatar is me with two ways to maim my enemies, soon to include a 450 thumper

Old 07-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #40

Rapid Intervention Team.....a fast attack and retrieval team in the fire department. We train to go get firefighters if the bad happens and are commonly used for searches if someone is trapped inside. Being older than 99% of the members on the team I am the "old man" (though I am only 37) and am usually the officer in charge of the RIT division at scenes. It has been a little over a year since I have actually gone in for a real emergency. I now train the young bucks to do the job and am in charge of them when we get called out.
"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)