what does everybody think of the sigma s&w - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

what does everybody think of the sigma s&w

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 08:11 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

In my opinion, the S&W Sigma (in .40) is the worst POS I've ever had the misfortune of firing. It's no Glock and to compare it to Glock is an insult to plastic guns everywhere. The Sigma is inaccurate and painful to fire, which causes even worse grouping as you will start anticipating. There may be worse guns on the market, but I have yet to fire one. If you can get it for $200 and can get a written agreement from any home invader to be sure to be within 10' before you pull the trigger, by all means, go for it. Otherwise, sell it and buy a good compound bow and a few arrows.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #12

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
In my opinion, the S&W Sigma (in .40) is the worst POS I've ever had the misfortune of firing. It's no Glock and to compare it to Glock is an insult to plastic guns everywhere. The Sigma is inaccurate and painful to fire, which causes even worse grouping as you will start anticipating. There may be worse guns on the market, but I have yet to fire one. If you can get it for $200 and can get a written agreement from any home invader to be sure to be within 10' before you pull the trigger, by all means, go for it. Otherwise, sell it and buy a good compound bow and a few arrows.

What do you really think, Ineff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think S&W should stick to revolvers

Old 03-30-2009, 10:05 PM   #14

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
I think S&W should stick to revolvers

That is what they do best. Their best is very good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-31-2009, 06:09 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

When the Sigma first came out I think in 1994 it had some issues besides being sued by Glock for copyright issues. It was promoted as a law enforcement firearm and had a number of problems and a lot of departments where not happy. That was then and from about 99 on they fixed the issues and it is a very fine firearm. Yes the trigger-pull sucks but the mag are cheap and the firearm seems to be very reliable. I am still a Glock fan but I would not have a problem with owning a Sigma. I have in the past and have put a thousand rounds or so through one. Mine worked well.

Just one mans thoughts.

Remember:
Plan for the worst, Hope for the best and if you land on your feet running life is good!!!

Old 03-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #16

I have the Sigma in .40 and am not happy with the trigger (go figure). Also, after having had had it for awhile, I'm starting to think that it's not a very attractive gun. Just my thoughts.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #17

Quote:
The Sigma is inaccurate and painful to fire, which causes even worse grouping as you will start anticipating.
sounds like operator error what does everybody think of the sigma s&w - The Club House

Old 03-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3592 Times on 1846 Posts
Likes Given: 401

The Sigma trigger was designed to mimic the D/A pull of a revolver to make transition easier. I think it does that well. While it is not a match gun, I can clean any Q course we offer with either of mine.

The grip is one of it's finest attributes (IMHO). It feels FAR better than the Glock.

If you cannot shoot it well, practice. They are plenty accurate. I can routinely take out 12 ga hulls at 25 yards off hand with my 9V.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #19
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 483 Times on 269 Posts
Likes Given: 4

what does everybody think of the sigma s&w - The Club House

Old 03-06-2010, 01:47 AM   #20

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by njjohnson View Post
I have the Sigma in .40 and am not happy with the trigger (go figure). Also, after having had had it for awhile, I'm starting to think that it's not a very attractive gun. Just my thoughts.
I'm actually glad you resurrected this thread because I was actually wondering about this.

No offense to Shihan or Robo, but a friend of mine owned one and I shot it. Just like everything else in this world, some will like and some won't. I personally hated the Sigma. I felt like I needed a truck to pull the trigger, but robo already stated why that is. I did not think it was a Glock clone like some people have stated.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me