What do you think of the English - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What do you think of the English

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 11:16 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I dont and I havent heard of anybody here having any beef with the Brits.

It's like paradise on Earth, enriched with the ever so sweet nectar of
elk urine.

When you're out there by yourself, you become who you really are.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:22 PM   #12

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post
Well I for one can vouch for your 'most hated' status!!

Aussies have a love/hate relationship with the motherland, especially when you beat us at Rugby or in the Ashes (which you most certainly will this year, I might add ). There's a great rivalry between our two countries but it seems also a great camaraderie; something that is hard to explain... We take comfort that in times of need the Poms will always have our back, and take pride in the fact that they know we will have theirs.

Even if we leave the Monarchy, we will always have close ties to the English, and we shall proudly remain your little brother from across the pond.
Spent 6 months in aus loved it
Old 11-18-2010, 11:34 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9542 Times on 4105 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

What do I think of the English? The one that sleeps on the other side of the bed has cold feet, and steals the covers.

West Country lass. Born in Plymouth during WW II, Army brat, grew up in Calstock on the border between Devon and Cornwall.

Shoud have thought about that before. Damned Cornish pirates! THAT'S why she steals the covers!

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:05 AM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post
Well I for one can vouch for your 'most hated' status!!

Aussies have a love/hate relationship with the motherland, especially when you beat us at Rugby or in the Ashes (which you most certainly will this year, I might add ). There's a great rivalry between our two countries but it seems also a great camaraderie; something that is hard to explain... We take comfort that in times of need the Poms will always have our back, and take pride in the fact that they know we will have theirs.

Even if we leave the Monarchy, we will always have close ties to the English, and we shall proudly remain your little brother from across the pond.

Indeed.

Love-hate it may be but its that 'taking the piss out of each other' that both our countries seem to do by sheer reflex. It's good natured abuse which only reveals an underlying deep affection...plus we did swipe your system of Govt, judges with funny wigs, CORRECT method of spelling, ability to understand the mysteries of cricket etc

In my parents day every Australian with a passport had a British one, and England was fondly known as "home". Like Aus says, even if we became a Republic, nothing could diminish the basic affection.

Plus we can always collectively pay out on the Kiwis, can't we?

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 11-19-2010, 03:29 AM   #15

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Met plenty of Transplants. All were no different except for an accent. I dated a SMOKIN hot English chick for a while. That accent can cover up just about any short comings.

I agree with JD. There is no back down in your brits thats cool.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:58 AM   #16
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I dig the Muffins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
What do I think of the English? The one that sleeps on the other side of the bed has cold feet, and steals the covers.

West Country lass. Born in Plymouth during WW II, Army brat, grew up in Calstock on the border between Devon and Cornwall.
c3 intrigues me.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:14 AM   #17

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I can't believe that you put up with all that pounding by the Germans in WWII then elect a Parliment that has been doing the same thing to you for the past 50 years! You Britts have plenty of grit!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:41 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 237 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 518

I have nothing against the brits, I acttully have alot of respect for you all and all that your pepole have contributed to the world as far as invention and other things. The one problem I have is that you all are letting your country be over run by those who hate you and wish to destory you, OH wait thats here in the U.S. also!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 11-19-2010, 04:45 AM   #19

Liked 330 Times on 221 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I've been drinking with Brits, and let me tell you, you dont want to get into a drinking jag or conetst with these guys or gals. They put their pints and quarts away in bristol fashion without blinking an eye. My lineage is half Scotts and half German and I would think I could keep up with these British guys when is comes to drinking hard spirits but they have always kicked my arse every time I've tried.

Last edited by mrm14; 11-19-2010 at 05:11 AM.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:52 AM   #20

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The Lovely Mrs lived in England for 3 years before I met her. Accent was delightful. She says English cuisine leaves a lot to be desired.