What do you miss the most? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What do you miss the most?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #61
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1011 Times on 602 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Divorce, unfortunately, has become such a commonality, that my ex wife's mom actually said about me, "he'd make a great FIRST husband." And DID NOT even realize she'd worded it that way!

Personally, I'd love to blame women, because I've been burned so bad and so often. But that simply wouldn't be fair. I wasn't the best husband I could be, and I caused her pain as well. I don't think the meth and prostitution and her currently cheating on her boyfriend is my fault though... and there's a female member here (quite a few really, all but maybe one) who are prime examples of a GOOD woman who prove my opinion DEAD WRONG.

Such is life. Like children, marriage doesn't come with an instruction manual.
Trip you are absolutely right. The first paragraph is telling though, divorce is now the expected out come by too many people.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:39 PM   #62

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
Trip you are absolutely right. The first paragraph is telling though, divorce is now the expected out come by too many people.

Sucks too, when im out of high school id love to eventually find someone to get into a serious relationship with, have kids and grow old(Come on, high school relationships aren't that serious) The only problem is I can be the best husband ever and never know what my wife is thinking. It seems its only going to get harder to find a good woman who would stay.
Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 58 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 39

I agree with John-Deer....,,,if I knew then what I know now!!!...oh boy would things be different

Old 01-30-2014, 05:19 AM   #64
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1608 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 8511

Quote:
Sad but true. when my current wife and i got married, the Spirtual Minister (we got married in Lily Dale NY, Barb, said Minister has been interviewed for a couple of shows on the spiritual religion, saw her on a show on A&E one night) even said she would not be including the words til death do you part in our vows because so many marriages do not last. We requested that she did use them in ours. She also officiated my father and step-mother's wedding a couple years ago.

The only people in my imediate family that have only been married once are my wife and my step-brother. I am on #2 as is my father. My step-mother is on marriage #5. The only one to make it to the goal (let's call it what it is) of til death do you part was my dad. He and mom were married 32 years when she passed.

marriage is not what it was just a few decades ago. Nowadays, it seems as though spouses are disposable.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 01-31-2014, 06:52 AM   #65
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1011 Times on 602 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Sad but true. when my current wife and i got married, the Spirtual Minister (we got married in Lily Dale NY, Barb, said Minister has been interviewed for a couple of shows on the spiritual religion, saw her on a show on A&E one night) even said she would not be including the words til death do you part in our vows because so many marriages do not last. We requested that she did use them in ours. She also officiated my father and step-mother's wedding a couple years ago.

The only people in my imediate family that have only been married once are my wife and my step-brother. I am on #2 as is my father. My step-mother is on marriage #5. The only one to make it to the goal (let's call it what it is) of til death do you part was my dad. He and mom were married 32 years when she passed.

marriage is not what it was just a few decades ago. Nowadays, it seems as though spouses are disposable.
About a month after my ex told me she was filing for divorce we attended my cousins wedding. I did not tell the family what was going on before this because our daughter was in the wedding and I wanted my wife to be able to see her coming down the isle. I also was still hoping she would change her mind. If my family had known what was going on it would have totally overshadowed my cousins wedding, some of the hardcore Irish and German Catholic old women might have actually caused bodily harm to her.

After the couple said their vows I leaned over and whispered in her ear
"they screwed up the vows"
"what do you mean?"
"they left something out"
"what?"
"it should be 'until death OR A SLEAZY LAWYER do us part'"

I have been flamed pretty hard on this board previously for my belief that till death do us part actually means till death do us part, and if you aren't going to keep a vow, don't make it.

So I will bow out of this conversation with this little story. A few months ago the sermon at church was on the subject of "till death do us part". I don't remember what the priest said on the subject, but I remember the dinner conversation afterward.

We are eating in a restaurant, my mom and dad married 50 years, my aunt and uncle married 52 years, and another couple that they went to high school with also married 50+ years. All three women agreed that they would still be married in heaven. All three men agreeing that " death did us part" and Marilyn Monroe was waiting for them to get to heaven.

Last edited by F4U; 01-31-2014 at 06:58 AM.
Airborne1 Likes This 
Old 01-31-2014, 12:45 PM   #66

Liked 1789 Times on 924 Posts
Likes Given: 1356

I miss summer vacations that never ended, when soldiers looked like grown-ups, when a year lasted forever, and when 2001 & 1984 were way, way in the future.

People Like This 
Old 01-31-2014, 06:08 PM   #67

Quote:
About a month after my ex told me she was filing for divorce we attended my cousins wedding. I did not tell the family what was going on before this because our daughter was in the wedding and I wanted my wife to be able to see her coming down the isle. I also was still hoping she would change her mind. If my family had known what was going on it would have totally overshadowed my cousins wedding, some of the hardcore Irish and German Catholic old women might have actually caused bodily harm to her.

After the couple said their vows I leaned over and whispered in her ear

"they screwed up the vows"

"what do you mean?"

"they left something out"

"what?"

"it should be 'until death OR A SLEAZY LAWYER do us part'"

I have been flamed pretty hard on this board previously for my belief that till death do us part actually means till death do us part, and if you aren't going to keep a vow, don't make it.

So I will bow out of this conversation with this little story. A few months ago the sermon at church was on the subject of "till death do us part". I don't remember what the priest said on the subject, but I remember the dinner conversation afterward.

We are eating in a restaurant, my mom and dad married 50 years, my aunt and uncle married 52 years, and another couple that they went to high school with also married 50+ years. All three women agreed that they would still be married in heaven. All three men agreeing that " death did us part" and Marilyn Monroe was waiting for them to get to heaven.

I agree 100%!
Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:09 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I miss summer vacations that never ended, when soldiers looked like grown-ups, when a year lasted forever, and when 2001 & 1984 were way, way in the future.

Im almost 16 and time is flying by, I remember when a year seemed like 3!
Pasquanel Likes This 
Old 02-01-2014, 12:47 AM   #69
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7465 Times on 4071 Posts
Likes Given: 15368

I miss paying after filling up. Filling stations don't trust anybody anymore.

no offense and none taken
BannedBackTogether@email.com

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

stratrider Likes This 
Old 02-01-2014, 03:19 AM   #70
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 734 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 1738

Ah, I miss the days when we all saw life and love through the rose-colored glasses of innocence, before we took the glasses off and realized that we had made one helluva mistake when picking our "til death do us part" life partner, and to stay one more hour in such a relationship would have brought the Death part to an untimely arrival.

In other words, sometimes the best choices aren't made up front, people change, and ending the marriage is best for all concerned.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.