What do you like to read?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What do you like to read?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Default What do you like to read?

my favorites are:

1. Walden-Henry David Thoreau-and anything else by Thoreau
2. Atlas Shurgged-Ayn Rand-read it in the past year-1200 pages, took me a while.
3. The Scarlet Ibis-James Hurst,i think.
4. The Sea Wolf-Jack London, Captain Larson's summary of LIFE is great.
5. Collapse-Jared Diamond-another recent read, explains a lot.
6. Mathew Bracken books were better than I expected.
7. I will read books about politics if I believe the person on the cover really wrote the book, not many do, And they must believe in their writing.

Well you get the ideal.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #2

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Science fiction. Been a scifi nut since around 9 years old. Also have gotten into the "supernatural" books courtesy of a coworker who buys books like they're going out of style. I've read the entire Sookie Stackhouse series (the 11 books that the HBO series, TrueBlood, is loosely based on) plus several vampire/werewolf/shapeshifter series. I've tried to choke down some of the military/historical books he's given me but they're not my cup of tea, so to speak.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
CGO

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I like reading autobiographies and true crime.
Ann Rule is my favorite true crime author.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like reading the Bible, FTF forum, and anything hunting related. After 4 years of college I'm still burned out from the classics and I don't need Penthouse anymore, I've got the Internet.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Almost exclusively non-fiction, history & politics particularly Russia. The Berlin/Stalingrad/D-Day trilogy by Antony Beevor was great. When feeling like a bit of 'junk food' I'll break out a novel or two - John Birmingham's alternative history series Axis of Time was pretty entertaining.

And compulsive gun-site surfing.

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 09-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #6

-James Michener- Centennial, Alaska, Chesapeake, and Texas I started reading Michener when I was in 7th grade, the books are 900 something- 1300 something pages. Talk about a kid who likes to read. Though it did sometimes take me three months to read one book.
-Larry McMurtry- wrote the Lonesome Dove series
-Zane Grey, I used to like Louis L'amour more when I was in like 6th or 7th grade, but now that I'm in high school I like the more educational but interesting books.