Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   What do you feel is good about the USA? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/what-do-you-feel-good-about-usa-7011/)

SGT-MILLER 09-19-2008 02:26 AM

What do you feel is good about the USA?

Hi all.

I have read some of the posts in here and I see that alot of people have issues towards the current state of the USA. They have good reason to feel bitter towards this country, and are certainly welcome to post about it.

I would like to know what do you feel is good about this country of ours.

I'll start off.

I feel one of the strongest things this country has going is all the Police Officers, Firemen, Paramedics, Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, Coast Guardsman, and Airmen that are willing to put everything on the line for the sake of helping strangers without asking for additional compensation or favor.

My hats off to all people who help others in the time of need.

supergus 09-19-2008 04:13 AM

Well, for one thing I don't like n ationalizing our financial system like we're doing with AIG, Freddie and Fannie. Now the government is running things there too. I believe Ron Paul brought up the point that that was an illegal move made by the feds and treasury dept. I believe only Congress can make decisions like that, but no, the TD will just print more money off to pay for these "buy outs" and make the dollar worth even less.

gorknoids 09-19-2008 04:45 AM

We always have been, and always will be the leader of the Free World. We don't simply want the huddled masses given to us. Hell, we'll come and pick them up, give them a house and a new life. That, and we're not France.

"Hey Europe! Suck our Florida!" :D

h2oking 09-19-2008 05:39 AM

I think folks get confused when asked about they like or dislike about our country. From where I sit I love my country it is the government that I don't trust nor like. I was listening to McCain the other morning on CNBC and he was patting himself on the back about how he has reached across the isle bla bla bla and fought for this bla bla bla. Then a few minutes later Biden (what a turd) came on and liked to beat himself to death patting himself with the same bla bla bla. I have never heard anyone of of those bastards ever tell the truth and say I am in it for myself and that is why things are so f---- up. On the contrary and no one from the media ever challenges them by asking the question "if all of you bastards are doing the great job you claim you have been doing for the past several years why is everything so f----up, causing Congress to have the lowest approval rating in the history of our nation?" We right now today are like a ship at sea with no ruder or captain and our only hope in my view is that McCain wins the election and then chokes on a chicken bone at the inaugural ball.

And for the record I am not one of those people who just sits around, complains and does nothing. I spent over a quarter of million dollars of my money paying for people to go door to door getting enough signatures to call for a grand jury investigation of the corruption in our city government that resulted in the indictment of the assistant DA. The elected DA, the elected Sheriff and one judge missed getting indicted by one vote. I am the first and only private person to do this in the history of our state.

bkt 09-19-2008 10:06 AM

The best thing about this country is the people who understand what made this country great -- self-reliance, hard work, invention, innovation and free markets. Also, the people who selflessly serve others, whether in law enforcement, the military, or what have you. The people who have read, understand and appreciate the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, Bill of Rights and other founding documents. The people who want to see a return of government that is full of people like them -- folks who will actually live up to the oaths they take by enforcing the laws they must enforce and not write new laws that contradict the constitution.

Mark F 09-19-2008 12:06 PM

The CONSTITUTION of the Unites States of America.

RL357Mag 09-19-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER (Post 41204)
Hi all.

I have read some of the posts in here and I see that alot of people have issues towards the current state of the USA. They have good reason to feel bitter towards this country, and are certainly welcome to post about it.

I would like to know what do you feel is good about this country of ours.

I'll start off.

I feel one of the strongest things this country has going is all the Police Officers, Firemen, Paramedics, Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, Coast Guardsman, and Airmen that are willing to put everything on the line for the sake of helping strangers without asking for additional compensation or favor.

My hats off to all people who help others in the time of need.

+10 - good points. And hopefully this will survive the continued corruption of our Constitution and 3 branches of Government.

user4 09-19-2008 02:51 PM

I like that we invented pretty much everything that is cool. Cars. Electricity. The Internet. Movies. and a host of other neat stuff.

Angeleyes 10-06-2008 04:09 AM

I love it here in New Mexico! It's the most beautiful state we ever stole!
And the people we stole it from are still here and incredibly bear us no grudge!
They are far better than I am OR WILL BE!

cbw 10-06-2008 07:55 AM

Having the right to say, do , go , and write about anything you want to and not being burned at the stake or hung for it. The fact that when things are FUBAR Americans find a way to stick together and make it work, dig our way out, or make a big enough explosion to everybody back the f--- off!