What do you feed your dog?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What do you feed your dog?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default What do you feed your dog?

The wife heard about this new dog food that is more natural and has more meat and less grain in it. It is called Wellness one of her co-workers has to feed her dog the Core dog food that doesn't have any grain in it at all.

We currently feed our goggie Hills Lamb and Rice. But the wife wants to try something else. 30# of this stuff runs $50+ that is a little stiff but not much more than hill in a 40# bag for $50.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
The wife heard about this new dog food that is more natural and has more meat and less grain in it. It is called Wellness one of her co-workers has to feed her dog the Core dog food that doesn't have any grain in it at all.

We currently feed our goggie Hills Lamb and Rice. But the wife wants to try something else. 30# of this stuff runs $50+ that is a little stiff but not much more than hill in a 40# bag for $50.

We feed our two dogs specially formulated dog foods for their specific breed. It keeps them looking really healthy. It's called Eukanuba and it costs 54 dollars for a 36 pound bag.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

We normally feed our dog Ol' Roy or Gravy Train.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I have been buying Eukanuba for a while now, its $36 for a 40lb bag. I had been getting Wysong which is really good food but expensive and one of my dogs seemed to be allergic to it and wouldn't stop itching so did away with that. It was kinda expensive anyway @ $47 for a 32lb box.

Its kinda scary what some manufacturers put in pet food, it can be anything from ground up whole animals to euthanized animals, ( you actually get the chemicals they put them down with in your food) by products, ect ect . Its actually really gross. Someone told me about this a couple years ago and I looked it up. I had gotten lazy and stopped going to the pet store for food and was getting what I thought was a good ones at the grocery store, man was I surprised.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Purina large dog chow. Also a milk bone at noon

Old 08-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hormel chili (no beans...makes 'em too gassy)

Old 08-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

We started feeding our German the Adult Dog formula Royal Canin, because that is what the breeder recommended. It was a little more pricey than most dog foods, but it seemed to agree well with his tummy.

After our 6th or 7th bag I went to buy more at the local feed store and they had stopped carrying it. Don't know why, personal reasons, price reasons, pissed off at the distributor, whatever, but they had a different brand that had all the same stuff, but it was a no label brand.

The name escapes me at the moment, but it's about time to buy some more, so I will get it for you. It's all organic, no hormones or crap, and it's breed specific, so it's good for the dog's digestive system. Runs about $38 to $40 for a 50# bag. The dog loves it. I am pretty sure he would eat the whole bag in one sitting if we let him....

JD

Old 08-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #8

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I am afraid I ate my dog so he don't get food he was food.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Science Diet for small dogs, soft and dry for both, and a little people food mixed in occasionally. Milk bones if they have been good boys.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #10

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

people

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"