What do you drive? - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

What do you drive?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

I drive a 2005 Ford Expedition Limited 2WD, and a 2006 Suzuki Bouelvard C90T!

My first car was a 1998 BMW Z3.

The first car I purchased all by myself was a 1993 Toyota Tercel with a turbocharged Starlet motor. Ugly as hell but ran 11s in the 1/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 11-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #62
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1444 Times on 856 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Forgot my '78 Honda CB 750 F. Way faster than I wanna go!!!
People Like This 
Old 11-28-2013, 04:30 AM   #63
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2647 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 14606

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
Are the wranglers a better platform to start from than the old CJs or are they just more plentiful theses days?
My guess would be that they are more plentiful than the old CJs. I have only seen about a dozen CJs in my travels over the last 20 years, and that is including the CJ 5 that was my uncles. It is currently sitting in the back yard, awaiting a rather large parts order to get running again, and a lot of work before it can be deemed road worthy.

Take in to account that I live in the rust belt, and most FWD vehicles are already starting to rust out within 10 years up here. I'm sure there are more of them out west and down south. The 66 Cj 5 in the back yard came out here in 1993 from Mountain Home Idaho when my uncle retired from the Air Force. It was originally from the area around Homestead AFB in south Florida, so it had a bit of a jump start on the rust before it came up here.

The wranglers are somewhat of a rarity up here, but there are enough of them around to show up in large numbers during trail rides. Most Jeepers up here are running Cherokees from what I have seen. With my urge to just be different, I am holding out for a Scrambler Myself. i just love the look of the old CJ 8s.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.
rockratt Likes This 
Old 11-28-2013, 04:33 AM   #64
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2647 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 14606

Quote:
Forgot my '78 Honda CB 750 F. Way faster than I wanna go!!!
i had a 75 CB 550 and a 1976 CB 750 years ago. Two of the cheapest bikes I have ever owned, but also 2 of the smoothest riding ones I have owned. Good memories of many a ride where the destination was secondary to the journey.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:40 AM   #65

Liked 1625 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 2638

'12 Toyota Tundra (for pulling space shuttles)
'13 Jeep Wrangler Sport (for chasing hot air balloons, wherever they go )
'08 (?) Pontiac Grand Am (Wifey's beater)
'08 Yamaha Stratoliner (cruising)
'11 Suzuki DR650 (occasional continent crossings)
'06 Yamaha XT225 (inna wudz toy)
6a00d83451b3c669e2017d3cbf74a5970c.jpg  

Old 11-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1918 Times on 843 Posts
Likes Given: 1442

Quote:
Are the wranglers a better platform to start from than the old CJs or are they just more plentiful theses days?
A lot of that depends on what you are building. CJ frames are junk and most will be rusted out now. A YJ frame is larger over all and was made out of thicker material and have very few crumple zones. TJ frames would be good but you have to deal with the crumple zones. I refer to frames because most of what I deal with is going to have the suspension thrown out and a 4 link built in. I want a good foundation to start with. After all that I would much rather start with one of the old square headlight Wranglers . I just finished up a CJ but had to do a lot of plating on the frame.
I love the old CJ's. If a 4 inch lift and 33 or 35 inch tires is what your talking about any of them will do.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #67

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75
Yes, but I feel like I bring it on myself. After all, i keep buying Fords. Not as rough as it could be, after all, I can still walk, drive a stick, and ride a motorcycle. I have a few friends that have been through worse, one of which is missing his right hand from about 4 inches above the wrist, and the other one has a left leg that ends 10 inches down the thigh. i am thankful to be in the shape I am to say the least, given how bad it could have been. The only lasting effect is from time to time I forget what a word is, or I get struck trying to say the word. I'll know what it is and how it sounds, but it won't come out when I want to say it. That and some major arthritis during cold, wet, weather. The funny part of the brain injury is this. The fracture was on the left side front, but the damage was done to the right side at the back of the brain for the most part. All in all I recovered well, and I am thankful for it.

That's good that you faired well enough. Jeeze though man. Wow.

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #68

Liked 949 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 1069

Man these threads make me feel weird.... For being one of the youngest members I have the oldest cars...

My first car was a 1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe (that I still have), and my current car is a 1984 Dodge Rampage...

Old 11-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #69
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2477 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Man these threads make me feel weird.... For being one of the youngest members I have the oldest cars...

My first car was a 1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe (that I still have), and my current car is a 1984 Dodge Rampage...
Every man needs to have at least one car in their life earlier than 1974 and learn to work on it.

I shake my head at my sisters who insisted on their kids first cars be only a couple years old and reliable. My first car was as old as I was, and I was under the hood of it every weekend. And I loved it.

Even if I can't do much to the cars that I own today, at least I know how to replace a valve cover gasket. I know how to tune twin carbs. I know how to swap out coils. And I have a working knowledge of how the engine and car work. I'm not even sure one of my nephews knows where to add oil.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 11-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #70

Liked 991 Times on 530 Posts
Likes Given: 806

My truck now is a 1999 Ford F-150 with 274,000 miles on it. My first vehicle was a 57 Chevy station wagon then a 47 Ford with a flat head V-8.