What do you do for a living? - Page 21
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What do you do for a living?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 11:39 AM   #201
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehammer View Post
I, like probably a few others, did not read every post, but I am a firefighter. Anyone else.
For my moonlighting job I am a EMT-B. Most poeple call us ambulance drivers. Not far from the truth since I do drive the ambulnce. But we do more than just drive. 'Course if we made a little more...okay more than a little... money, most of us wouldn't need 2nd jobs. But most of us aren't firefighters for the money. Still don't get to shoot like I would like.
I'm a brother voulenteer Firefighter, with EMT-B, soon to be paramedic when i finish school in the spring, also have my wildland certifications

Old 08-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #202

Quote:
I'm a brother voulenteer Firefighter, with EMT-B, soon to be paramedic when i finish school in the spring, also have my wildland certifications

Go 'head with thqt paramedic thang! I was going to go to medic school this fall but, I needed to have the time to work my 2nd job. With the price of everything going up the exta money is more important.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #203

Military Police and no i dont go bullying civilians i dont know where people get that idea from we just deal with situations that the regular police can handle.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #204

Default What I do for a living

I am a correctional officer of ten years. I work in a maximum security facility.
It is a tough job. But it has its good moments.

A armed man is a citizen. A unarmed man is a subject.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #205
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 56 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Independent Mechanical Engineer since 1974...

Old 09-03-2008, 10:30 PM   #206

Make my Trooper husband a happy, happy man!! (Translation: I am a Stepford wife. )

Old 09-07-2008, 07:05 AM   #207

First and foremost, I am a wife of almost 36 years, a mother to two unbelievably fantastic sons, and I have three grandchildren...Drake is 4, and Sasha (aka Buckethead) and Kayla are 2, just 16 days apart.

I am the proverbial "Midwest farmer's daughter." After high school and some college, I worked as an executive secretary for many years, and also as a caseline mechanic at an Army ammunition plant.

For the past 15 years though, I have worked as a contract court reporter and transcriptionist for various governmental hearings including the National Labor Relations Board, Merit Systems Protection Board, EEOC, NTSB, FAB, and a whole lot of other alphabet-soup acronyms. I travel throughout the west and midwest covering hearings quite a bit, but am fortunate enough to also be able to work from home about half of the time, doing transcription work, also allowing me time to spend time caring for my grandchildren.

In addition to this work, for the past six years I have been the primary caregiver to my mother-in-law who suffered from Alzheimers, and just lost the battle as of 8-14-08.

I also have a small sideline business of doing special events catering and wedding cakes.

My avocation though is my volunteer work as a Hunter Ed Instructor for the Missouri Department of Conservation for the past 19 years, teaching over 200 10-hour+ classes. I was the first female (and 6th overall) to receive Lifetime Achievement recognition. I am also an NRA instructor in numerous disciplines, and concentrate my efforts to working with youth shooting programs and introducing women to shooting sports, through programs such as 4H, Boy Scouts, Becoming an Outdoors Woman, and NWTF's Women in the Outdoors. I also work with various managed hunts that are put on in our state for youth and women.

Last edited by AngelnCamo; 09-07-2008 at 07:09 AM.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #208

I'm a Maintenance Tech. for a large Chocolate manufacturer, M&M Mars.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:17 AM   #209

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I call myself a Digital Paleontologist - I keep the Mainframe Dinosaurs running at the Florida Department of Education. I handle the application programming for the Comptroller's office - Accounting, Budget and Payroll. I also have inherited a dead Billing system that I have been tasked with resurrecting after two years of dormancy - they were wondering why a report kept showing the same dollar amounts all that time.....
I get all the weird problems - but hey, it keeps beans on the table and bullets in the gunroom.

I did two hitches in the military - first four years in the USAF at Tyndall AFB, Florida, then six years USN mostly on an ASW frigate home-ported in Norfolk, Va. I worked avionics in the USAF, and UHF radio and crypto electronics in the Navy. So, later I went from being a 'hardware guy' to software. The weather is better......

Been shooting since I was a youngster squirrel hunting with Dad, then got into collecting (actually more 'acquiring' whatever catches my eye, not for 'value'), and finally into reloading, especially with ammo prices going silly/stupid!

I've gone back to motorcycles too, after Katrina gave the Oil Barons their excuse to get stupid with gas prices - and now I'm into Adventure Motorcycling and camping. I love doing the occasional multistate roadtrip!

Old 09-18-2008, 11:32 PM   #210

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Full time guardsman (E-5, soon to be E-6) in the Montana Air National Guard.

I also do whatever my Wife tells me to (She's not mean, she's an angel, I just love her and like to spoil her).