Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What do you admire at the Range?

View Poll Results: What impresses the most?
A guy accurately shooting a handgun he did himself. 6 21.43%
A guy shooting "so-so" accurately with a custom purchased handgun. 0 0%
A girl maybe hitting the target with a stock handgun. 4 14.29%
A cold beer after the shooting is over and guns put away. 18 64.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4553 Times on 2201 Posts
Likes Given: 1361

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
What "impresses" me is a person (any gender) who is safe and accepts (no embraces) good advise from an experienced shooter, yet can see through the BS of a mall ninija trying to coach them.
Ahh yes...the Mall Ninja

Be honest Robo...few things are more entertaining than the 22 year old in black BDU's sporting a drop thigh holster and shooting a 14" group at 7 yards AFTER he's spent his first thirty minutes making sure EVERYONE knew he WAS an expert!

These fellows DO eventually "come around" and witnessing there humility makes the 10 hr RSO shift worth every minute.

Tack

Old 01-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #32

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Ahh yes...the Mall Ninja

Be honest Robo...few things are more entertaining than the 22 year old in black BDU's sporting a drop thigh holster and shooting a 14" group at 7 yards AFTER he's spent his first thirty minutes making sure EVERYONE knew he WAS an expert!

These fellows DO eventually "come around" and witnessing there humility makes the 10 hr RSO shift worth every minute.

Tack
I've never personally seen a mall ninja at the range. However I really want to, I've seen them in my lgs before, that alone is comedy.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 102 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 38

This may sound weird, but I admire the new people who are obviously making a real effort to learn to shoot (safely and responsibly), like the small older lady who was there by herself with one of the staff teaching her for the first time. If I was in her shoes I know I would have been nervous.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #34

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I like to see rows of empty shooting stalls. Then I have the whole range to shoot on.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #35

Liked 391 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I like to see rows of empty shooting stalls. Then I have the whole range to shoot on.
Oh yeah. Big thumbs up on that one!

Old 01-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #36

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

Beer, always beer, but someone else shooting well no matter the gun is always something I admire as well.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #37

Liked 82 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 146

What do I admire on the range? I admire people that are skilled with whatever firearm they are using, I admire first timers that are keen to learn proper firearm usage, I admire people that spend time on the range properly teaching their children how to use a firearm, there are others that I admire but I won't bore everyone.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #38

Liked 1108 Times on 714 Posts
Likes Given: 276

What I admire at the range is a shooter that knows how to properly handle a weapon. Gun safety is very important to me, and shows a lot about someone's professionalism. Usually the safe, smart shooters are also best on paper. The yahoos you see at unsupervised ranges do none of us any favors. A public, unsupervised, range that I used to attend became like Dodge City on a Saturday night after the late sleepers got there. Totally uncool.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

JSStryker Likes This 
Old 01-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #39

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSStryker View Post
What do I admire on the range? I admire people that are skilled with whatever firearm they are using, I admire first timers that are keen to learn proper firearm usage, I admire people that spend time on the range properly teaching their children how to use a firearm, there are others that I admire but I won't bore everyone.
I work part time at my local range, and i am seeing this more these days. 10/11 yr olds on a lane with their dad. And whole families taking our "first shots" gun safety classes.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

JSStryker Likes This