Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   What do you admire at the Range? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/what-do-you-admire-range-79910/)

danf_fl 12-31-2012 03:38 PM

What do you admire at the Range?

In another forum, there is a discussion on what would impress the most on the range.

CourtJester 12-31-2012 03:42 PM

I saw two young females last summer that were by themselves, very fit, wearing tight short short, and appeared to know what they were doing. One was teaching the other how to shoot a handgun and an AR. I was more than impressed and didn't shoot too well until after they left.

Squawk 12-31-2012 03:51 PM

This past summer, I had a guy right next to me shooting a Barrett .50. I had to get up and wait a bit for him to finish with that gun.

winds-of-change 12-31-2012 04:08 PM

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute.

I object to the choices. I am a 'girl' and why is the choice for the girl simply "maybe hitting the target"? I think I shoot fairly accurately (most of the time) and I don't care if anyone's admiring me or not. :mad:

I didn't vote because there wasn't a viable voting option for me.

danf_fl 12-31-2012 04:25 PM

If it were up to me, I would have said "a shooter", but the discussion is not PC.

A shooter shooting accurately with a firearm that the shooter accurized is more impressive to me than a shooter with a high dollar custom handgun shooting "so-so".

(Of course, I added the obligatory "beer" option)

HOSSFLY 12-31-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CourtJester (Post 1073483)
I saw
Quote:

two young females last summer that were by themselves, very fit, wearing tight short short,
and appeared to know what they were doing. One was teaching the other how to shoot a handgun and an AR. I was more than impressed and didn't shoot too well until after they left.

That^^^^^ :)

Trez 12-31-2012 04:32 PM

The old guy with the old gun hitting targets I can barely see with open sights..

CrazedJava 12-31-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1073519)

I object to the choices. I am a 'girl' and why is the choice for the girl simply "maybe hitting the target"? I think I shoot fairly accurately (most of the time) and I don't care if anyone's admiring me or not. :mad:

I'm with you, on the choices I'm not a girl.

What I like to see is what choices people made for their firearms. I generally don't pay much attention to their marksmanship as I am busy watching two things

A. What guns they brought
B. Making sure their muzzles stay down range

jjfuller1 12-31-2012 05:17 PM

no voter here. those options stink. lol. i was thinking more for like what you would like if the range itself had or didnt have something, like free targets, or open anytime hours. or an RSO always on duty.

25-5 12-31-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1073519)

Funny, you came to mind as soon as I read the choices. New you would chime in!
You know women should have never got to vote in the first place!!!:D:D:D