what to do near Anaheim?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > what to do near Anaheim?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default what to do near Anaheim?

I've been here for a week, playing Mr mom with my 2 year old in the hotel, while the wife is out running insurance claims inspections. Could be here for another week.

Any members from the area?

What are some must see places? Besides Disney.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Sorry, I'm about an hour away from you. Amusement parks is what Anaheim is famous for. Disney, Knotts Berry Farm, CA Adventure.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #3

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

You can be in North County San Diego (Oceanside, La Jolla, Del Mar) in less than two hours from where you are. Good sightseeing and there are the beaches (a little cold this time of year, but they are still fun). Go a little further south and you can hit Old Town San Diego which can be fun for kids, or even hit the Wild Animal Park in Escondido or the Zoo in Balboa Park. Head north and there is the Long Beach Aquarium (buy tickets online at their website, its cheaper). If you have chains with you or a 4wd you could head on up to Big Bear or Lake Arrowhead. Huntington Beach and Newport are right down the street from you. Irvine Spectrum is really just a big outdoor mall but they have a ferris wheel. Ummm...I'm running out of ideas, give me a few hours and I'll get back to you haha.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 01-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #4

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Go down to the beach. Go take a look at Topanga Canyon. Shoot there is tons of stuff to do down there.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:57 AM   #5

what to do, drive one hour north on the 5 to 134 west and 10 minutes you are in Universal City...movies stars and studio tours, drive up 101 on the Pacific coast highway to Santa Barbara, great views.
If you like cars........the Peterson Museum and the La Brea tar pits..just some quick ideas