What to do in mass panic
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What to do in mass panic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default What to do in mass panic

Just got back from watching World war z, great movie, although it is ALL fake. But it still shows the very real possibility of what COULD happen in the event of a mass incident such as a nuke going off, mass rioting etc etc. What are some things we can do as gun owners and sheepdogs to prepare? I am a survivalist type person, trying to build my ammo and food stocks up. Would it be best to shelter in place? Thanks and I want this to be an interesting and educational thread!!

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
dango Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #2

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I do believe I would hunker down in my house, ample supply of food, water, medical supplies, fuel, ammo, wide selection of handguns and rifles within hand reach. I live on a corner with an unobstructed two block view on three sides of my house.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

People Like This 
Old 06-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1547

First thing to do in a mass panic is "DON'T PANIC", don't get caught up in the hysteria. Then hunker down and try to ride it out in place, if not possible un-ass the area as smoothly as you can.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

dango Likes This 
Old 06-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3862 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Old 06-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3396 Times on 1908 Posts
Likes Given: 19152

Take a couple of Xanax , stand firm and smile a lot..! Eeek..! Call me in the morning..!

Old 06-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #6

Liked 397 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Staying right here. Good, bad or otherwise. Too much to take, no place to take it.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #7
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Basically...

Just hang tight with those you are close to for support and If We have to "Un-A$$ quickly we have aby number of MTNs we can drive up....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
dango Likes This 
Old 06-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #8

Liked 759 Times on 484 Posts
Likes Given: 238

If you live in an urban area, I rather doubt that you will have much choice in the matter. If there is mass rioting around your home it would be very unsafe to try to leave. If there was rioting that you heard about early enough maybe you could leave the urban area to go somewhere safer. Most people are very reluctant to leave their home until it is too late. Riots pretty much always include fires. Homes can be fire-resistant but not fire-proof.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

dango Likes This 
Old 06-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3396 Times on 1908 Posts
Likes Given: 19152

Ok , that was a joke ..! I've never taken Xanax in my life..! Laugh people laugh in the face of adversities..!

Old 06-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #10

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

I just finished the book World War Z .... much better than the film I hear. If it ever were to happen (it won't) I think we would all be pretty much up s$^ts creek