Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What to do with an inheritance of many firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Sorry for your loss. Have you talked to an attorney about maybe doing a little negotiating on the medical bills? I have heard many times of creditors trying to force people into paying medical and other liabilities of recently deceased relatives when the creditors actually have very little legal basis to collect from anyone but the deceased person or his/her estate. I'm not suggesting you weasel, but an attorney who is a family friend might have some good advice on how to pay only what you owe.

If you do happen to have a cz82 pistol in good shape, post up.

Last edited by orangello; 08-27-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #12

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'll echo what my forum brother have said, I am sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you and your family.

In many States, weapons transfers can be made by a private seller in a face-to-face sale when the buyer has proper identification, etc. Post some pics for the membership, you might get some purchases right here, and seek legal advise on the bills.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #13

Thanks for the advice everyone. Once I've had a chance to kick around the forum a bit so I'm not as much of a newb, and once I've had a chance to take stock on what all is in there, I'll be sure to post more information. I am keeping what I consider a good sized portion of the collection - probably 20 pieces - for myself, but I live in an apartment and simply don't have space to keep it all. I think I might try to locate auctions and people who can sell consignment for the bulk, then maybe do the more difficult sales like gunbroker.com, etc, or private sales on the pieces I know are more valuable or interesting to collectors.

Thanks again

Old 08-30-2009, 12:11 AM   #14

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Shoot them. What else are they meant to do? Club baby seals?

I am sorry for your loss and happy for your gain.