What did you order from ProMotive??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What did you order from ProMotive??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default What did you order from ProMotive??

So, the Official FTF-Promotive Synergy has been in place for about a week now and some of you FTF Supporting Members have signed up and looked through the deals. Pretty cool.

Here is the first thread to post what you found that caused you to break out the plastic.

I have a 50% office / 50% field job. Some days I am out in the rain and mud on worksites for several hours. Some days, not so much.

I have had a pair of Lowa hikers that have kept me dry and comfy for about 2 plus years. They definitely don't owe me anything, but they are starting to come apart at the seams.

Did a little looking around and found a pair of Scarpa Bhuton Hikers on Promotive, in stock, for $120. Best place I found on line for the same model was $159.16 from Backcountry and they didn't have my size or the same model in stock.

Did some reading and saw that REI carries them and had 5 star ratings. Went to the store on lunch to try them on. $199.95 at REI and they did have my size, but not the same color scheme. They felt good.

Came back to the office, a few clicks later, I got the boots for $133 shipped to my door.

Got to love the power of Promotive!

JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-19-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

With all the recent threads on Knifes and the test being done, I decided I needed to get myself a new EDC knife. I currently use a Maxam pocket knife that cost about $1.28. So, I thought to step up a little and get a better knife. I went browsing through ProMotive.com and found me a SOGzilla for $25.80. Just a small step.

I will be ordering more very shortly. The is a great opportunity for some great deals. I am hoping this works out tremendously and they add more retailers. If Vortex is giving 35% off, I am curious as to the discounts Leupold will have on their products.

Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:57 PM   #3

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If Leupold gives anywhere close to a 35% discount, that means they'll be close to what they SHOULD be charging for their MSRP.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:13 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Well I have been wanting to get a nice SOG knife for a while, every time we go to my wife's mother's in sevierville tenn. I go by this huge knife store and stay about 2 hours until she finally drags me out...so anyway...I couldn't stand the huge 40% off, I picked up a SOG Tsunami in satin finish, a Tiger striped trident with the serrated blade, a "TACTIcool Tomahawk, , an 18" SOGfari machete, a folding saw, and the entrinching shovel(however it was on back order and they removed it)...in the end i saved close to 150 and I cant wait for those bad boys to get here...can you say range report for the tacticool tomahawk

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

Last edited by jwhirl413; 05-20-2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: typo for lon

Old 05-20-2010, 12:16 AM   #5

^^^ That's what I'm talking about. Excellent savings on excellent products and it doesn't cost anything to get the savings.

Well done guys. We will have those other 50 manufacturers begging us to join here very soon.

JD

Old 05-20-2010, 12:30 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I almost forgot...the wife helped pick out all of it, she was as excited about all this stuff as I was, mainly b/c most of this stuff will go in the emergency bag for her car...but the dang tomahawk is mine

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

Old 05-20-2010, 12:57 AM   #7

I got an E-mail today that said my order has shipped. That was fast since it said allow 3 weeks.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:17 AM   #8

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Oh Shihan Shihan the things a woman can find out on a forum u are in trouble u did not ask LOL

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 05-20-2010, 01:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugerShootinGal View Post
Oh Shihan Shihan the things a woman can find out on a forum u are in trouble u did not ask LOL
Uh Oh!!

Old 05-20-2010, 01:41 AM   #10

I am the King of my Castle. I didn't ask permission to get her LCP either.

Now go make me a sandwich.