Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   What did you order from ProMotive?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/what-did-you-order-promotive-27352/)

Dillinger 05-19-2010 09:13 PM

What did you order from ProMotive??

So, the Official FTF-Promotive Synergy has been in place for about a week now and some of you FTF Supporting Members have signed up and looked through the deals. Pretty cool.

Here is the first thread to post what you found that caused you to break out the plastic.

I have a 50% office / 50% field job. Some days I am out in the rain and mud on worksites for several hours. Some days, not so much.

I have had a pair of Lowa hikers that have kept me dry and comfy for about 2 plus years. They definitely don't owe me anything, but they are starting to come apart at the seams.

Did a little looking around and found a pair of Scarpa Bhuton Hikers on Promotive, in stock, for $120. Best place I found on line for the same model was $159.16 from Backcountry and they didn't have my size or the same model in stock.

Did some reading and saw that REI carries them and had 5 star ratings. Went to the store on lunch to try them on. $199.95 at REI and they did have my size, but not the same color scheme. They felt good.

Came back to the office, a few clicks later, I got the boots for $133 shipped to my door.

Got to love the power of Promotive! :D

JD

Shihan 05-19-2010 11:30 PM

With all the recent threads on Knifes and the test being done, I decided I needed to get myself a new EDC knife. I currently use a Maxam pocket knife that cost about $1.28. So, I thought to step up a little and get a better knife. I went browsing through ProMotive.com and found me a SOGzilla for $25.80. Just a small step.

I will be ordering more very shortly. The is a great opportunity for some great deals. I am hoping this works out tremendously and they add more retailers. If Vortex is giving 35% off, I am curious as to the discounts Leupold will have on their products.

Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen.

lonyaeger 05-19-2010 11:57 PM

If Leupold gives anywhere close to a 35% discount, that means they'll be close to what they SHOULD be charging for their MSRP.

jwhirl413 05-20-2010 12:13 AM

Well I have been wanting to get a nice SOG knife for a while, every time we go to my wife's mother's in sevierville tenn. I go by this huge knife store and stay about 2 hours until she finally drags me out...so anyway...I couldn't stand the huge 40% off, I picked up a SOG Tsunami in satin finish, a Tiger striped trident with the serrated blade, a "TACTIcool Tomahawk:cool:, , an 18" SOGfari machete, a folding saw, and the entrinching shovel(however it was on back order and they removed it)...in the end i saved close to 150 and I cant wait for those bad boys to get here...can you say range report for the tacticool tomahawk:D

Dillinger 05-20-2010 12:16 AM

^^^ That's what I'm talking about. Excellent savings on excellent products and it doesn't cost anything to get the savings.

Well done guys. We will have those other 50 manufacturers begging us to join here very soon.

JD

jwhirl413 05-20-2010 12:30 AM

I almost forgot...the wife helped pick out all of it, she was as excited about all this stuff as I was, mainly b/c most of this stuff will go in the emergency bag for her car...but the dang tomahawk is mine

Shihan 05-20-2010 12:57 AM

I got an E-mail today that said my order has shipped. That was fast since it said allow 3 weeks.

RugerShootinGal 05-20-2010 01:17 AM

Oh Shihan Shihan the things a woman can find out on a forum u are in trouble u did not ask LOL:p:eek:

Dillinger 05-20-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RugerShootinGal (Post 287524)
Oh Shihan Shihan the things a woman can find out on a forum u are in trouble u did not ask LOL:p:eek:

Uh Oh!! :eek:

Shihan 05-20-2010 01:41 AM

I am the King of my Castle. I didn't ask permission to get her LCP either.

Now go make me a sandwich. :D