What is the deal with surplus gun shops? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What is the deal with surplus gun shops?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 04:14 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

If you are in Southern Ohio, check out Southern Ohio Gun. They offer a variety of AKs, which I assume would be no trouble for you to pick up.

For me, gun shows are way overpriced on everything but ammo and ninja weapons. And I'm not so sure about ninja weapons.

Give Sog a lookover, I've done transactions with them and can't speak highly enough about them.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamFire View Post
"Curio & Relic" applies to certain classes of firearms. Being "more than fifty year old" is no criterion. The age criterion is mfg'd before 1899 -- and that's not about how old it is, it's about when it was mfg'd. The date was 1899 ten years ago, and will be 1899 ten years hence.
Not quite. Antique firearms are classified as pre 1898, Curio and Relic is: "A firearm manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date or certified by the curator of a
municipal, State, or Federal museum, or that derives a
substantial part of its monetary value from the fact that
it is novel, rare, bizarre, or associated with some
historical figure, period, or event." Straight from the BATFE website.

"Firearms automatically attain curio or relic (C&R) status when they are 50 years old. Any firearm that is at least 50 years old, and in its original configuration, would qualify as a C&R firearm. It is not necessary for such firearms to be listed in ATF’s C&R list."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamFire View Post
Makarov pistols and I think maybe CZ-52 used to be Curio & Relic. A lot of Mausers and Mosins are "C & R" . . .
They still are.

9x18=Makarov

Last edited by ScottG; 03-17-2009 at 02:33 PM.