What could POSSIBLY go wrong? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5149

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
I wanna see rover video of the structures on mars

Attachment 53176
look, a martian and his dog.

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 08-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #22

Liked 130 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 246

I think the thing with tip-over and set there like a turtle on-it's back,scratching at the sky...Some stupid-ass on the news thinks we will grow food there one-day...That's a long way to go and harvest the corn crop........If they even have water up there....

Old 08-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #23

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

A huge congratulations to the men and women of NASA, bravo on a very difficult and successful landing

http://www.nj.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/nasa-rover-curiosity-lands-on-mars-after/47754e033cdf44c5be9700b8dffed313

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 08-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #24

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Default Bench rest

352 million miles. Mars is the target, Gale Crater is the x ring. Okay, it’s ‘Bench Rest’, but still, Whatta Bullseye!

I’ve always been impressed with these shots, at that’s even before getting into the slug designed NOT to fragment on target.

My brother knew a ‘Rocket Scientist’. He only had one thing on his resume. He was a light-weight.

It was the Voyager program.

Last edited by Vincine; 08-06-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2913 Times on 1896 Posts

Cool. Glad this one didn't get shot down before landing. They might be more advanced than us, but they can't hit them all.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #26

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

What bothers me is, that we can pull off a shot like this yet we are thumbing rides to ISS with the commies? WTF is wrong with this country?

Was it not the USA that took only 66 years to go from the first heavier than air powered maned flight to putting men on the moon? Really we have built the fastest highest flying planes in the sky we have an attack fighter that can fly home with 1 wing (An F-15 flew home after having a wing blown off) Really why are we not rocketing to the moon in a space caddy designed by AMERICANS built by AMERICANS and flown by AMERICANS?

Old 08-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #27
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
What bothers me is, that we can pull off a shot like this yet we are thumbing rides to ISS with the commies? WTF is wrong with this country?
Do you want an alphabetical list, a list in chronological order, or is just the top 100 sufficient?

Quote:
Was it not the USA that took only 66 years to go from the first heavier than air powered maned flight to putting men on the moon? Really we have built the fastest highest flying planes in the sky we have an attack fighter that can fly home with 1 wing (An F-15 flew home after having a wing blown off) Really why are we not rocketing to the moon in a space caddy designed by AMERICANS built by AMERICANS and flown by AMERICANS?
Because we have politicians running the space program. Only recently has private industry gotten into the game. NOW we can expect to see some amazing stuff.

For the record, I'm really pleased this puppy landed OK. The description of the landing process looked like NASA was begging to throw away $2.5 billion, but they pulled it off. Props to them all!

Old 08-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #28

I think limited budgets, like NASA now has relatively speaking, force ingenuity. When the pipeline is wide open, people get lazy & sloppy. This is not helped by organizations whose best interest is in keeping the honey flowing.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #29

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Really why are we not rocketing to the moon in a space caddy designed by AMERICANS built by AMERICANS and flown by AMERICANS?
Because we have a Communist for a President that hates NASA and the military, and has financially gutted it into all but non existence. This mission was funded and well on it's way, before this country got stupid and elected this worthless, American hating anarchist.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
Because we have a Communist for a President that hates NASA and the military, and has financially gutted it into all but non existence. This mission was funded and well on it's way, before this country got stupid and elected this worthless, American hating anarchist.
Not only that; He eats kittens, and was born in Kenya, the Philippines and Moscow too!

Last edited by Vincine; 08-07-2012 at 01:50 AM.