What is the cheapest firearm you have ever seen for sale? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

What is the cheapest firearm you have ever seen for sale?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 02:22 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9212 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

My grandfather bought a Colt 1911 serial number in the 500's for 50 bucks as a surplus sometime between the 40's and 50's. Last I heard my dad still has it. At least he'd better...
Considering the condition (minty fresh) and the low number, the info I've found says it could be worth 3-10k, depending on actual appraisal condition. I'd call it 99% myself.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:23 AM   #32

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I was wondring around the old gun show one day and came upon a table full of various .22 LR rifles, each one had a minor problem with it but the guy wanted $25 each for them, so I looked thru them and picked up one that looked nice but the extractor clip was broken on the bolt. It was stamped a "Sears" rifle on the barrel. I took it over to the gunsmith school and the guy there told me the extractor clip would cost about $5 to fix it, upon examination of the rifle he opened up a gun book and showed me that this rifle was a 1958 Winchester built for Sears. I got a really cool .22 rifle for $25 and it shoots great, my first time out with it I took a squirl 35-40 feet up a tree between the eyes, impressed the hell outta me for sure.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:13 AM   #33

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

You guys wanna see something funny, look up gun websites YouTube video about budget guns. XD

Old 04-15-2012, 01:17 AM   #34

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8wapiti
I was wondring around the old gun show one day and came upon a table full of various .22 LR rifles, each one had a minor problem with it but the guy wanted $25 each for them, so I looked thru them and picked up one that looked nice but the extractor clip was broken on the bolt. It was stamped a "Sears" rifle on the barrel. I took it over to the gunsmith school and the guy there told me the extractor clip would cost about $5 to fix it, upon examination of the rifle he opened up a gun book and showed me that this rifle was a 1958 Winchester built for Sears. I got a really cool .22 rifle for $25 and it shoots great, my first time out with it I took a squirl 35-40 feet up a tree between the eyes, impressed the hell outta me for sure.
Got any pictures or other info on this rifle?
Ive got an old Sears & Roebuck .22lr semi auto ive been trying to get some info on. I don't have the model number off hand but the last time I did some searching on it, couldn't find much.